Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33 Friedrich Linden, Ludenscheid

Article about: A nice tombac example but frosting is gone. Some patina build up on both sides but overall in very good condition and appears to be a worn and issued piece. Kind of my preference Now....What

MAP
    ?

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33 Friedrich Linden, Ludenscheid

A nice tombac example but frosting is gone. Some patina build up on both sides but overall in very good condition and appears to be a worn and issued piece. Kind of my preference

Now....What are your thoughts on this KvK??? Original??

To me it looks fine but it is maker marked "33" which is for Friedrich Linden.

According the Awards of Heer, Linden produced 2nd Klasse KvK's in tombac, but they are not listed as making a first class version.

Will try for better pictures. Camera was not cooperating given the glare.

Regards,

Michael

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, LudenscheidKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, LudenscheidKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, Ludenscheid
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, Ludenscheid
    P
    Many

Hi Michael,
    The pin on this one seems a little "fat" to me.
    Wait for other opinions.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Default Kvk

I have almost the identical badge... I can post if needed !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Please do G!!!!

Ralph: Thanks. Lets wait and see what people say. It can be returned if need be.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This is not an maker mark that I'm familiar with and I do not think Linden produced any KVK1.

Besides that Linden did not produce any KVK2 as fas as I know.

/Jonas

MAP
    ?

While you all ponder the question on this awards authenticity, here are a few more close ups. I've check a lot of threads as well as the Floch fake article on WAF and this is not one of those.

Jonas: Thanks for your input!!! According to the Awards of Heer, Linden did produce a 2nd Class in Tomback. But not listed as a known maker of the 1st class.

So everyone.......fake??? Or not?

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, LudenscheidKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, LudenscheidKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, LudenscheidKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, LudenscheidKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, LudenscheidKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, LudenscheidKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, LudenscheidKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, LudenscheidKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, Ludenscheid

The details look rough in places. The right edge of the lower cross prong shows some sort of blobbing long that edge, and to a lesser degree on the opposite side, and some of the details seem soft like around the swaz wreath, and it seems to exhibit a fair amount of pitting. I can't say if it's a good piece or not, but I have to admit the evidence of the maker, and the rough details make me leery. For what it's worth.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Scott.

Correct on you point regarding the edge of the sword. It does have a blob (last picture) and there are a few other dimples and blobs on other parts that you can only see under a 40x loop or a USB microscope. This is my biggest concern.

That said there is no excessive pitting that is typical of poor cast fakes, I think what you see as "pitting" in these photos is just the result of the bright light of the USB reflecting off some of the lost silver finish. That said, there are a few random pitting marks that actually could be "dings" from wear. There is no pitting on the reverse. So it is hard to draw a conclusion.

The soft details of the wreath could be the result of wear as, once again, under a 40x loop, the Swaz and the wreath appear bronze in color as if it has been worn down.

So, while I am leaning towards a good repro, I don't think the door has fully closed on this one IMO.

I just wish someone had a good or bad one to compare too.

Thanks!

Michael

Well I do hope it turns out to be a rare KVK surprise! But, judging by what else you tell me you picked up, I still suspect you did well overall even if not.

MAP
    ?

Here are some more close ups with the USB.

Note that these can only be seen with a USB at full magnification

First three are a few more blobs.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern 33  Friedrich Linden, Ludenscheid

Next is the wear on the wreath. You can see the bronze color underneath. Not sure if this is good or bad sign.

Finally one with a few pits or wear induced dings. The USB distorts them a bit.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast