Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern

Article about: Good afternoon gentlemen (and ladies), I have just bought thisKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, maker marked 15- Friedrich Orth- in wonderful condition. This now completes my col

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern

Good afternoon gentlemen (and ladies),

I have just bought thisKriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, maker marked 15- Friedrich Orth- in wonderful condition. This now completes my collection of KVK's (minus the Ritterkreuz versions).

What appears to be damage to the swastika, isn't, it's just the way the light has reflected. All of the gilding is intact.

As always, I welcome comments on authenticity just in case I have made a mistake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern
    P
    Many

It appears to be in lovely condition except for that twisted pin.
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

That is in great condition and looks a good one to me. I only have 2 Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern in my collection one of which is a L15 also. Here's mine to compare although it's not in as great condition as your new purchase.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern

Thanks guys. Mine originally came with a box from a dealer's personal collection, which he had for 40 years. To make it more affordable to me, he let me have it without the box, which saved me 100 pounds. Some might think the price of the box would make it more desireable, but personally, I don't like to pay good money for boxes when I could put that towards my next medal purchase pruchase. Not too sure what others think, all comments on boxes are welcome.

I personally have very few boxed examples in my collection, it does not fit into my display method.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

BMB
    ?

Hello
    It is a very controversial cross but definitely made by Orth. I see you have the first type of this cross, the base metal of the cross is zinc which has been brass-plated before they have silver plated it.

Ken's cross is the latter type which is silver plated directly on the zinc.

By the way nice crosses.

I have a first type cross, see pictures, this cross is in Frank Thater's EK1 book page 586.

Best regards
    Martin

I think I fell over and bumped my head... Is there a fellow KVK1 collector who may have all makers???

Outstanding if this is the case, I've sent you a PM anyhew

@ BMB.

Thanks for the info. I had no idea about the construction method and originally thought that it might be tombak because of it's shiny appearance. I didn't want to come across as too arogant by saying that it is definately the best example I have seen in England. The dealer himself said that I would never find a better example as he had kept in in the box for 40 years which would explain why it hasn't succcumb to zinc pest. I'm even more pleased now that I know that it's a first type cross. Many thanks