Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, K & Q, 65

Article about: Another new addition that I picked up at the gun show this weekend. It is nicely vaulted, but, whoever did it had to beat it up a little bit to accomplish this. I am not sure but, I believe

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, K & Q, 65

Another new addition that I picked up at the gun show this weekend.
    It is nicely vaulted, but, whoever did it had to beat it up a little bit to accomplish this. I am not sure but, I believe it is made of tombak. It is made by one of my favorite makers so it was difficult to not buy it.
    I hope you like it,
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, K & Q, 65   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, K & Q, 65  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, K & Q, 65   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, K & Q, 65  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, K & Q, 65   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, K & Q, 65  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, K & Q, 65  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, K & Q, 65
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, K & Q, 65

Ralph very nice...Yes you can see where he/she has given it a good beating.. still adds to the charm of it...I like it.. Thanks for the photos Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Ralph very nice...Yes you can see where he/she has given it a good beating.. still adds to the charm of it...I like it.. Thanks for the photos Terry.
    Thanks Terry!
    As I said, hard to pass up.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Bloody right young man... get them while you can....K & Q as well ! I do like their awards.They seem to have a nice construction..even if this 1 is a little rough? I thinks??.. Cheers Terry.

Hi Ralph,

You're right, it's an earlier buntmetal/tombak piece. The zinc ones had the hinge and catch cast into the badge, whereas yours is soldered on (and the catch is roundwire, only seen on early K&Q Kriegsverdienstkreuz's.)

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Another nice pick up Ralph

I love his vaulting technique !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Ralph,

You're right, it's an earlier buntmetal/tombak piece. The zinc ones had the hinge and catch cast into the badge, whereas yours is soldered on (and the catch is roundwire, only seen on early K&Q Kriegsverdienstkreuz's.)

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks Ned!
    I was a little sceptical when I saw the maker's mark as it is not the usual style but, I was pretty confident that it was original.
    Ralph.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Another nice pick up Ralph

I love his vaulting technique !

Nick
    Thanks Nick!
    It would have been nice if it didn't have all of the hammer marks but, it is what it is.
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Thanks Ned!
    I was a little sceptical when I saw the maker's mark as it is not the usual style but, I was pretty confident that it was original.
    Ralph.
    No problemo mate,

As a matter of fact, the MM on yours is an example of one you'd expect to see on the early K&Q crosses made of buntmetal/tombak as well as the more commonly seen one. The later zinc types all had the same MM with the more often seen MM 65 that is far more stylized with the 'tail' on the bottom of the '5' and the concave top.
    (I'll use one of your pic's as an example if that's o.k.)
    Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern, K & Q, 65  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

That's exactly what I was talking about Ned!
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast