Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern und etui.

Article about: Can't remember where this one came from but have had it a while as I really have not bought any medals for such a while. D.

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern und etui.

Can't remember where this one came from but have had it a while as I really have not bought any medals for such a while.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern und etui.   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern und etui.  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern und etui.   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern und etui.  

Last edited by Adrian; 03-12-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern und etui.
    P
    Many

Default Re: KVK 1st with swords.

A nice Paul Meybauer

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Very nice cased KVK.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Never issued or worn, by the look of it, but the zinc has almost totally eaten every bit of the silvering on it to nothing! Interesting!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default Re: Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern und etui.

Nice zinc set. As stated the finish has been absorbed over time by the base metal but you can tell the hardware on the back is made of a different material and retains the finish.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Highly possible this may have happened if the medal was at anytime kept somewhere damp perhaps making the zinc go off. No idea where it was before I had it.
    D

?

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    Highly possible this may have happened if the medal was at anytime kept somewhere damp perhaps making the zinc go off. No idea where it was before I had it.
    D
    There are a number of factors that may affect the absorption of the finish into zinc and perhaps dampness is one of them but the case doesn't look like it's suffered from much dampness so maybe not in this instance. The quality of the zinc and time are the culprits here unfortunately.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....