Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1st Class

Article about: Hello, Just got this Cross and was wondering if anyone could identify the maker and let me know if its a good one? The last one I got was fake so hopefully I did good on this one! Thanks for

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1st Class

Hello,

Just got this Cross and was wondering if anyone could identify the maker and let me know if its a good one? The last one I got was fake so hopefully I did good on this one! Thanks for the help.

Kirby

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1st ClassKriegsverdienstkreuz 1st ClassKriegsverdienstkreuz 1st ClassKriegsverdienstkreuz 1st ClassKriegsverdienstkreuz 1st Class

I'm having trouble with resizing pictures and they are to small. Please look at this link for close up photos of the cross. Ill get this figured out and fix the thread.

Pictures by kkc_photos - Photobucket

Sorry for the inconvenience

Kirby
    Last edited by Element7; 07-26-2011 at 10:03 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1st Class
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1st Class

Hi Kirby,
    Are the hinge and catch set into a recess?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian,

Yes there is recesses for the hing and catch. Can you see it in these pictures?

Thanks

Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1st Class   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1st Class  

?

I wasn't overly keen on my first impression but it might stand a chance of being an S&L. Compared to mine, the pebbling on the arms isn't quite so dense and it appears a bit crude. Here's mine, see what you think........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1st Class   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1st Class  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian,

It does look a lot like it. Here is another picture but Im still unsure.

Your badge sure is a nice one!

Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1st Class  

here is another... If you enlarge it notice the file marks around the edges.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1st Class  

Adrian,

The previous owner just told me it is an early S&L badge. I'm curios as to what kind of metal theses were made of? Mine is non magnetic and has a dull finish with what appears to be burnished highlights. It kind of looks like a nickle silver badge I compared it to in my General Assault Badge book. Not the best comparison but I didn't have anything else to compare it to.

I recently had some computer problems and lost my Photoshop program or I would fix the color in the photos to show what it actually looks like. Obviously the finish is nothing like yours.

Thanks

Kirby