Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 Klasse

Article about: Hi Kameraden! Today I acquired this KVK 2. The cross doesn't have any marks, but according to package the marker is "Eugen Schmidhäussler Pforzheim". The dealer assured me that the

Asp
    ?

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 Klasse

Hi Kameraden!
    Today I acquired this KVK 2. The cross doesn't have any marks, but according to package the marker is "Eugen Schmidhäussler Pforzheim". The dealer assured me that the wood box is genuine as well, but I don't believe. The swastika looks thickened in comparison with other exemplars from internet that is questionable. Your opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Alex

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 KlasseKriegsverdienstkreuz 2 Klasse

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 Klasse
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 Klasse

Moved to the correct forum.

I like it and think it is fine. A late war piece made from zinc. As the cross in unmarked it may or may not be from this maker, hard to tell unfortunately as packets and crosses get mixed and matched over the years and even right from the award of the piece.

I also like the wooden box too. Obviously there is no way to tell when the cross was put in the box but it was likely after the war when the veteran returned home or maybe he was KIA and his family placed it in there for safe keeping.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Asp
    ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Moved to the correct forum.
    Sorry, I missed.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I also like the wooden box too. Obviously there is no way to tell when the cross was put in the box but it was likely after the war when the veteran returned home or maybe he was KIA and his family placed it in there for safe keeping.
    Agree, plausible reasoning.

Nice original piece. Maker is impossible to tell because the lack of markings.

Very nice original set.
    But the wooden box is new to me.

Regards.,

Von River

Nice cross! I wonder what the significance of the date on the box is. The date he placed the cross in there or the date he was awarded the cross ?

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Asp
    ?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Nice cross! I wonder what the significance of the date on the box is. The date he placed the cross in there or the date he was awarded the cross ?

Nick
    Nick, who knows...
    However, top row is odd - "4 Preis, 52 Ringe. Edelmonk". Probably, inscription is connected with previous contents.
    Alex

Well, I personally like the box! KvK is of course original too, but has a little value. But the box is made of the Kerelian birch. So it is matbe from the SS Div. Nord:-) Can You please make some better pictures? It is a cigarette box, has nothing to do with Your KvK but an very interesting item!

Asp
    ?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Well, I personally like the box! KvK is of course original too, but has a little value. But the box is made of the Kerelian birch. So it is matbe from the SS Div. Nord:-) Can You please make some better pictures? It is a cigarette box, has nothing to do with Your KvK but an very interesting item!
    Definitely, it is not a cigarette box, too small for that and without specific smell. But the material is the Kerelian birch, quite likely.

It is a cigaret box, just WWII cigarettes had in many cases no filter and were smaller. It is very typical WWII made "trenchart". Hard to say, it is from the SS div. Nord or just made somewhere in the Northen Ostfront. Anyway, it is a nice item and costs more than Your KvK:-). I will get a very similar box during next 1-2 weeks with other div. Nord items, so I can post pictures then.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast