Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwerten. Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi, I recently came across this badge. Is it good to go? It looks exactly like the one in my reference book, but I'm still a newbie by any definition. Thanks, Phil

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwerten. Real or Fake?

Hi,

I recently came across this badge. Is it good to go? It looks exactly like the one in my reference book, but I'm still a newbie by any definition.

Thanks,
    Phil

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwerten. Real or Fake?Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwerten. Real or Fake?
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-07-2013 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwerten. Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Hi, it looks good to me. There are plenty of these around and they are nice awards. It has some wear and you shouldn't pay much for it.

A complete KvK with ribbon will only cost you around $35...something to consider before spending money on this one.
    cheers, Glenn

?

Moved to the correct forum.

There is no problem with this piece. An original in zinc with a reasonable amount of finish left. Unless it is very cheap I would hang on for one with a ribbon, these are a very common award.

One more thing, just because it looks the same as one in a book, doesn't always mean a piece is original. Fakes look like those images in books too.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

There's a really nice one for sale in the classifieds