Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - Nice Example? Thanks for any assistance!

Article about: Hey all, Here's another piece of that collection I bought. I've looked at it carefully, and through my research it seems that over 6 million of these were awarded. While I know that fakers w

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - Nice Example? Thanks for any assistance!

Hey all,

Here's another piece of that collection I bought. I've looked at it carefully, and through my research it seems that over 6 million of these were awarded. While I know that fakers will fake damn near anything, it seems less likely to me that they'd fake these simply because there's so many of them and they don't seem to sell for big sums. It has a small amount of oxidation (which seems consistent with the materials they were made out of) and the color pattern on the ribbon is right (inverted from the Iron Cross award).

The only thing that jumps out to me is the lack of detail on the center wreath. Maybe worn down with age, as this part does contact the table or whatever surface the medal sits on?

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - Nice Example? Thanks for any assistance!Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - Nice Example? Thanks for any assistance!Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - Nice Example? Thanks for any assistance!Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - Nice Example? Thanks for any assistance!

Used the right name in the thread title, I'm learning!

Thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - Nice Example? Thanks for any assistance!
    P
    Many

It looks like a good tombak example to me.
    Check the large ring for any stamps which would indicate the maker.
    Ralph.
    P.S. I'll move it to the correct section for you.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I agree. It's a nice Kriegverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse in tombak. Even though it's a common award, it's still a very nice design in my opinion.

I don't see any markings on the ribbon ring, but I'm headed out to get a really good magnifying glass. I'll report back on what I find shortly.

I agree, looks good

Using a bright flashlight and 5x magnifying glass, I can see a small mark on the ribbon ring that might be an "L". It's really hard to see unfortunately, and I don't see anything else (i.e. the numbers after the "L" denoting which maker). How prominent should the maker's mark (if present) be?
    Last edited by Rock Rey; 03-06-2017 at 01:14 AM.

UPDATE:

I found a mark after turning the ring several times. I've attached a picture here to try to illustrate, but it's hard to capture:

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern - Nice Example? Thanks for any assistance!

Appears to be "127" which corresponds to Moritz Hausch of Pforzheim as the maker.

Man, this hobby is confusing but rewarding at the same time!

Even without the maker mark I would say it is a Moritz Hausch cross based on the very thin sword handles which is typical for this maker.

/Jonas