Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern. No maker mark.

Article about: Hi All, As I told in my first post, I'm a detectorist and I like military objects, except ammo Today I stumbled upon a KVK at a flee market, and little did I know there's more then one make

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern. No maker mark.

Hi All,

As I told in my first post, I'm a detectorist and I like military objects, except ammo

Today I stumbled upon a KVK at a flee market, and little did I know there's more then one make of it. My friends started screaming "all fake" but I'm not so sure. I think its a tombac and it weighs in at 22.5 grams. It's 41 mm across. And I think to see some of the original lacquer, but that just might be because I want it to see. The ribbon looks oldish, but again I'm not sure.

What do you think? Thanks in advance!

Regards,

MandrakerKriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern. No maker mark.Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern. No maker mark.
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-28-2018 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern. No maker mark.
    P
    Many

?

I would like to know why your friends called it a fake. I'm not seeing anything wrong with it. So in my opinion it is an original Kriegsverdienstkreuz.

And there were a lot of different makers of this award. If it is unmarked it really comes down to detail to determine a maker and I can't help you with that.

Regards, Rik

Thank you Rik, much appreciated!

Oh.. 11 Painfbat Garde Grenadier here ;-)

?

Certainly looks like an original with original ribbon to me and in very good condition.

Wilko

Thank you Wilko, again much appreciated!

It is original war merit cross and it is really nice piece, condition is very good.

Best regards,
    Franko

Original KVK2 in very good condition, nice score

/Jonas

Thank you all! Happy to see its the real thing

I think its a Eugen Schmiedehausler, it looks to me this one comes most close to the one I have. The shape of the oak leaves make me think so. As do the sword handles.

Eugen Schmiedehausler, Pforzheim - X-DNA

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast