Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/original

Article about: Hi guys, I have recently bought the below Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse and upon receiving the item I have concerns and would appreciate others opinions please. Although not an expensive ite

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/original

Hi guys,
    I have recently bought the below Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse and upon receiving the item I have concerns and would appreciate others opinions please.

Although not an expensive item it was advertised by a well respected dealer (Giels militaria) as a mid/late war zinc Kvk2 without swords.

My concerns are regarding the colour of the medal itself (against the ring colour), and the packet envelope that against others I have (shown in photo) doesn't have the "reddish" tint, although the font and print look correct.

Please see attached photos (apologies if photos are a bit pants) and as always I appreciate all opinions.

Thanks in advance,

Andre
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/original   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/original  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/original   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/original  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/original   Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/original  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter, fake/original
    P
    Many

Regarding the finish, the medal and ring are made from two different materials and will retain the finish differently.
    I don't see a problem with the finish.
    I have envelopes of both colors in my collection, it depends on the manufacturer.
    I would have confidence in any purchase I made from Giel.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thankyou Ralph for the speedy reply and also for allaying my fears.

I did think the same about the medal material but wanted a better informed confirmation, as for the envelope I didn't really have any issue until I placed it in my collection against my other medals in packets and again required a better opinion. I had looked through past threads but could not find another example to this particular maker and didn't want to compare against other makers due to possible manufacturing differences.

Again thankyou.

Andre

I have Ostmedaille with the more red envelopes as well as the tan color, different makers.
    Here is the first KVK II that I received for my collection that is marked 8 for Ferdinand Hoffstädter that shows the same symptoms that yours does.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thankyou Ralph for posting your example ��

Also apologies for posting in wrong forum and for moving the thread.

Andre

Quote by Andreuk View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have recently bought the below Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse and upon receiving the item I have concerns and would appreciate others opinions please.

Although not an expensive item it was advertised by a well respected dealer (Giels militaria) as a mid/late war zinc Kvk2 without swords.

My concerns are regarding the colour of the medal itself (against the ring colour), and the packet envelope that against others I have (shown in photo) doesn't have the "reddish" tint, although the font and print look correct.

Please see attached photos (apologies if photos are a bit pants) and as always I appreciate all opinions.

Thanks in advance,

Andre
    Hi,

This is a perfectly fine cross and set. But to me this is a mystery set since the maker marked cross "75" (unknown maker) and the pouch maker mark (Julius Maurer, "138") does not match. I have seen a few of these minty unissued sets now and what is the relation? These must be something between unknown maker "75" and Julius Maurer "138".

/Jonas