Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.

Article about: Following on from Nick's suggestion in another thread I though I would kick this one off. So please post your KVKs, lets give these very nice but very underrated awards a place in the spotli

Default Re: The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.

Just a couple more to add ! a pair of 57er KVK 1st Classes, combatants & non combatants, St u L pieces from the early 1960's...nicely frosted and polished highlights & solid hinge block's ! note, the swords were cut from a combatants to to form a non combatents, only one was die used by St u L !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.   The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.   The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.   The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.
    P
    Many

Here are my crosses.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

Another 1957 KVK1 with swords, of later manufacture than the examples posted by Steve and with an open hingeblock:

Although a later piece, IMO still a nice collectable 57er, thanks for showing HPL ! notice though, the decline in quality on the later piece, especially on the reverse !
    Prost ! Steve.

Gday Gents
    My small contribution to the thread.Nothing of note but all are honest examples I feel.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse mit Schwertern.......Unmarked example

The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1.Klasse ohne Schwerter.......Maker 50...Karl Gschiermeister-Wien

The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern.......Two unmarked examples.Zinc and tombac

The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse ohne Schwerter.......Unmarked tombac example

And whilst not a kreuz, Kriegsverdienstmedaille .....................................Two unmarked examples

And a Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern ribbon bar,

All of my KvK2's and Kriegsverdienstmedailles are unmarked which I believe is the norm for the majority of these two awards.But I have noticed alot of marked examples on this thread.

Thanks for looking gents
    Cheers
    Dave
    Last edited by Thanatos; 12-14-2012 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Added ribbon bar

?

Hello Gents heres some snaps of my collection so far..Still have 2 awards to get,I'm working on them in the new year!!! Cheers Terry.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.

Great thread with some fantastic KVK's,keep them coming......Dave H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.   The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

That's a nice cased "one" you have there Dave.

Cheers mate
    Dave R

?

A very nice looking Deschler set Dave, it certainly has character!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A nice original set Dave

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast