Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.

Article about: Following on from Nick's suggestion in another thread I though I would kick this one off. So please post your KVKs, lets give these very nice but very underrated awards a place in the spotli

Default Re: The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.

The jewel in my crown at this point in time. I had hope to have a RK with swords by the end of summer. However I spent the money on schooling for a career change....next year.

RK KvK ohne Schwerten
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.   The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.   The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.
    P
    Many

Some 57 issues:

KvK 2 w/ swords
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

KvK 1 w/o swords
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

And a salty RK KvK ohne Schwerten
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.   The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.  

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Hi William, Were these early post war examples made up for the "trophy" trade from existing parts? Cheers Dave
    Dave....Souval continued to make these awards, primarily I believe as a way to survive the early post war years as souvenirs to Allied forces personal, old Rudolph quickly realised that the occupying soldiers (especially Americans) had a lust for anything with a swastika thereon ! and so, most, if not all, and some more, of his wartime inventory were re struck, in the early days mostly with wartime dies and parts.....Souval continued making such awards with and with out the swastika up to the mid 1960's, copies for the collector and Austrian veterans alike...including the so called "blank core" EK's (I show both first & second class).
    As time went on and wartime parts got used up new parts were made or sourced...it is believed that St u L supplied a lot of fastener assemblies to Souval (hinge blocks,pins,catches) .....also dubious construction is evident on some early awards, such as animal glue being used instead of solder !
    Even so...these Souval repros are now it seems, becoming collectable in their own right.
    Laurence..excellent collection I especially like the 57er awards !
    Prost ! Steve.

Well, I'll throw in -3 pieces unmarkerd , one mm 127 , L11 and poor condition 65 The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.The Kriegsverdienstkreuz Appreciation Thread.

?

Nice KVKs all!

Especially good to see a genuine Deschler RK posted by Laurence. Thank you for sharing it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Hi William,
    Were these early post war examples made up for the "trophy" trade from existing parts?
    Cheers
    Dave
    I can only echo the comments in the reply from user Oradour, as he was spot-on. If you compare postwar S&L produced items and postwar Souval produced items you can definitely see a similarity in reverse hardware.

William Kramer

Thank you Steve and William for the info.Much appreciated.
    Cheers gent's
    Dave

Gents, just received this nice 57er "Deumer" KVK II mit Schwerten, my first Deumer KVK, the easy way to spot a Deumer fromn a St u L is the slope of the "9's" in the "1939", on a Deumer they slope at the same angle on a St u L they slope at different angles......
    Prost ! Steve.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast