Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsverdienstkreuz II. Klasse - '7'

Article about: Hello folks. First off, I have Gunny to thank for this one. He sold it to me along with a black wound badge at a great price. Another shining example of the great community that exists here.

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz II. Klasse - '7'

Hello folks.

First off, I have Gunny to thank for this one. He sold it to me along with a black wound badge at a great price. Another shining example of the great community that exists here. I'd post photos of the badge as well, but it's already ensconced in one of my display cases.

This is my first KVK II, and it's a nice one. I can see what looks like the remains of an outer finish in certain places, but these brass awards really don't suffer at all from the loss of it. I may even be wrong in that regard. A few spots of oxidisation, but again it all adds to the medal's character. Has its full length of original ribbon, which remains clean. Always a nice plus. Some collectors like medals with salty ribbons. I'm unfortunately not one of them.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse - '7'Kriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse - '7'Kriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse - '7'Kriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse - '7'Kriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse - '7'

This KVK is a first for me in multiple respects, as it's also my first maker marked piece. The ring is crisply stamped with a '7', which I believe is for the maker Paul Meybauer. Not sure how rare of a maker this is, as I don't typically collect awards on that basis.

Overall, I'm pleased to finally have one of these. Not a rare or expensive award by any means, but a visually appealing one, and another space filled in my collection of awards. I'm honestly surprised at how quickly I've managed to fill a decent-sized Riker case!

Kriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse - '7'

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse - '7'
    P
    Many

?

A very nice KVK II. You do realise now you have to get the full set haha . I think this medal type out of the KVK IIs is becoming really collectible as every website i check seems to sell them off very fast.

I suppose you have seen the extreme colour variation between early war and late medals?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    A very nice KVK II. You do realise now you have to get the full set haha . I think this medal type out of the KVK IIs is becoming really collectible as every website i check seems to sell them off very fast.

I suppose you have seen the extreme colour variation between early war and late medals?
    This has indeed opened a miniature Pandora's Box. I'm already looking at an example without swords on Helmut Weitze's site. Never issued, in its original packet and wrapping paper. The first class awards will have to wait until later. I'm due to go to both the War & Peace and Military Odyssey shows in the summer, so I'll probably look for them there.

Late war medals are more commonly made of zinc, which explains the variation in colour. The zinc tends to absorb the finish and turn them grey. They're by no means unattractive, but I prefer earlier brass ones. The same goes for wound badges. Of the four in the Riker case, the two on the left are brass.

B.B.

BB

This is just my personal opinion so feel free to disregard.

If you look around for this ubiquitous award, you will find it much cheaper than Weitze. He is, in my opinion, one of the most expesive dealers in Europe and his shipping fees are just as high.

I don't think I'm allowed to advertise websites and wouldn't feel comfortable doing so anyway, but a search of sites in the UK and Holland/Germany will bare less expensive but equally bonny fruit

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    BB

This is just my personal opinion so feel free to disregard.

If you look around for this ubiquitous award, you will find it much cheaper than Weitze. He is, in my opinion, one of the most expesive dealers in Europe and his shipping fees are just as high.

I don't think I'm allowed to advertise websites and wouldn't feel comfortable doing so anyway, but a search of sites in the UK and Holland/Germany will bare less expensive but equally bonny fruit
    His price for one unissued cross in its packet is 35 Euros. He appears to be selling them in bulk.

War Merit Cross 2nd class without swords (91352) - WW II general decorations - Military Antiques

I've not got much of a head for market prices, honestly. Maybe that's too steep. But I've not seen another dealer selling KVK's in their original packets, and it looks tantalizing to me.

B.B.

BMB
    ?

Hey!
    Nice cross and a nice collection you have there.

Best Regards
    Martin

If you recall the 'Deschler Hoarde' Mr Weitze was known to have scooped up a very large percentage of it. One of the reasons why you'll see the majority of his marked KVKs being '1'

All the best

Jamie

Lovely KVK2. Very nice early example. Great display as well, you should maybe put it in that Riker case beside EK2, instead of that sudetenland medal. I think that it would be looking even better in that way.

Best regards,
    Franko

?

Oh my kvk2 without swords came from weitze and is marked number 1 . Never knew he got them from a horde of sorts. Im guessing since they were unissued thats why they are in great shape

You know, I think I'll have to agree with you there...

B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast