Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz II. Klasse ohne Schwerter - Deschler and Sohn

Article about: Hello folks. About a week ago, I posted a KVK II here that I'd recently acquired from one very generous Gunny Hartmann. In that thread, I mentioned taking an interest in Helmut Weitze's stoc

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz II. Klasse ohne Schwerter - Deschler and Sohn

Hello folks.

About a week ago, I posted a KVK II here that I'd recently acquired from one very generous Gunny Hartmann. In that thread, I mentioned taking an interest in Helmut Weitze's stock of KVK II's from the famous Deschler Hoard. I liked the price, I liked what I saw, and here it is. Less than a week later, an incredibly pristine War Merit Cross. Original packet, wrapping paper and an unused length of ribbon, all in tip top shape.
    The condition of the Cross itself is outstanding. Apart from a black mark where the ring joins the upper arm, which I suspect is a solder mark rather than oxidisation, it is entirely free of scratches and environmental damage. My second 'mint' piece, to go with my EK I.

I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse ohne Schwerter - Deschler and SohnKriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse ohne Schwerter - Deschler and SohnKriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse ohne Schwerter - Deschler and SohnKriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse ohne Schwerter - Deschler and SohnKriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse ohne Schwerter - Deschler and Sohn

I've never had much of an affinity for mint condition pieces. I prefer the rugged look of awarded examples that saw some wear. But at that price, and needing one to complement the other, I couldn't turn it down. Another one for my newly created 'Case of Minty Things'. A collection within a collection.

Kriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse ohne Schwerter - Deschler and Sohn

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz  II. Klasse ohne Schwerter - Deschler and Sohn
    P
    Many

?

Cracking kvk11 which fits in perfectly with your other mint items. My kvk 11 without swords is a brother to your one also coming from helmet weitze/deschler hoard, I choose the €18 option though with out the paper case (which I regret now).

So then are you gonna pick up the war merit medal next?

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Cracking kvk11 which fits in perfectly with your other mint items. My kvk 11 without swords is a brother to your one also coming from helmet weitze/deschler hoard, I choose the €18 option though with out the paper case (which I regret now).

So then are you gonna pick up the war merit medal next?
    The wrapping paper really adds something to it. That extra layer of protection also must have helped them survive up to today in the condition they're in now. I was originally planning on threading the ribbon through the ring, but won't now. I like the 'straight from storage' appeal as it is now.

The War Merit Medal will probably be my next pickup, whenever I can afford it. They're cheap and they're everywhere. I'm honestly surprised I haven't picked one up yet. I'm saving up from now until the summer shows, so might wait until then. Planning on some big purchases, but will be nice to have something to buy with whatever's left over.

B.B.

Wonderful set. War merit cross itself is absolutely fantastic. Superb item.

Best regards,
    Franko

The variety of bronze colours that these KVK2 come in is one of the reasons they are close to being an obsession along with my love of KVK1. Light tan brown, deep chocolatey colours, the whole range of the bronze spectrum can be found with a little bit of effort.

Lovely example

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    The variety of bronze colours that these KVK2 come in is one of the reasons they are close to being an obsession along with my love of KVK1. Light tan brown, deep chocolatey colours, the whole range of the bronze spectrum can be found with a little bit of effort.

Lovely example
    That's also the reason I prefer bronze examples. They tend to tone rather than rust, and certainly survive better than most zinc examples. It's very difficult to find zinc examples of these crosses untouched by pest, but they do exist.

Regards, B.B.

?

That's a really nice KVK2 B.B and a very attractive display.
    Ken