Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsverdienstkreuz - mismatch

Article about: I've had this average KvK 2nd class for years. Got to looking at it again and finally saw that the ring was marked 10. However the packet it came with is Steinhauer. I thought # 10 was Först

MAP
    ?

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz - mismatch

I've had this average KvK 2nd class for years. Got to looking at it again and finally saw that the ring was marked 10. However the packet it came with is Steinhauer.

I thought # 10 was Förster & Barth.

Now the question I ask myself.

1) Is it fake?
    2) Am I mistaken
    or
    3) It was put together with an empty packet

Thoughts?

Any and all comments welcome.

Michael

Kriegsverdienstkreuz - mismatchKriegsverdienstkreuz - mismatchKriegsverdienstkreuz - mismatchKriegsverdienstkreuz - mismatch
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz - mismatch
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Just a little bump.

I think they were put together. Thoughts?

M

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would be inclined to agree Michael.
    But, we'll never know for sure.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Most likely put together.

don't worry.

MAP
    ?

Well...as I suspected. The good news is this gives me the opportunity to find a Steinhaur and Luck to go with the packet!

?

Hello,
    I also agree they were put together. Keep in mind back in the 70's and 80's stuff like this was paired together all of the time. I did it when I sold EKs, you would put the nicest medal with the nicest packet (if the medal wasn't marked, you figured no one would know and 99.9% didn't care). Nicer medals were matched up with nicer cases, etc. it also went with chinstraps on visors, scabbards on daggers, etc.

Regards,
    Jody

MAP
    ?

Thanks Jody. I missed the ring stamp years ago somehow...but I got my new toy (digital microscope) and was trying it out when I discovered the mark.

No worries. I have 4 or 5 of these and will check my records. If one is a S & then bingo. If not I will just get one.

hope your happy with your M33. That was a very educational thread

Michael

?

Hi Michael,
    Thank you and actually the M33 is my sons (he is 12 bought it with some of his money), that is why I wanted to really check it out. Plus I can use it for displays at school.

Jody

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jody View Post
    Hi Michael,
    Thank you and actually the M33 is my sons (he is 12 bought it with some of his money), that is why I wanted to really check it out. Plus I can use it for displays at school.

Jody
    Well I think he picked a winner. And from a good source as well.

Did similar stuff for my son school presentation. He wanted to display the Wehrmacht stuff but because of the Swaz, I steered him to the Italian and US.

Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast