Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz ribbon

Article about: Dear All, Recently I came across this ribbon in an album. However it's bigger than the regular. Any idea where this one is coming from (ritterkreuz des kriegsverdienstkreuzes?). Would apprec

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz ribbon

Dear All,

Recently I came across this ribbon in an album. However it's bigger than the regular. Any idea where this one is coming from (ritterkreuz des kriegsverdienstkreuzes?).

Would appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks.

EMKriegsverdienstkreuz ribbon

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz ribbon
    P
    Many

Ritterkreuz des kriegsverdienstkreuzes ribbon is about 38mm wide.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Its 44mm

Then that sounds like it will be an RK ribbon!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I wounder what its doing there.... And I cannot find any record of Herman Schmedt (Hauptman)

No idea. But he would not have been awarded the RK der KVK. He was killed before the award came into being.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    No idea. But he would not have been awarded the RK der KVK. He was killed before the award came into being.
    Ade is right (as usual). The KVK was instituted by a decree of 18th October 1939.

(Also, this would be a most unusual award for a company commander in a rifle regiment to begin with.)

Of course, if Schmedt's death notice is in this album, it wouldn't have been his album anyway (unless somebody else "concluded" it by pasting it in). It is far likelier that the album belonged to one of his friends or relatives and that this person was the KVK recipient. Either that, or these additions were made by somebody at some time during the decades since the end of the war...

Does the rest of the album give any clues?

That was also my thinking, therefore I couldn't figure why it was there... One of the options that it was awarded posthumously or its not an RK KVK ribbon after all.

Maybe it has to do with RAD activity, as album is mainly RAd