MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstkreuz w/o swords

Article about: Hello, This is the newest addition to my collection. I just wanted to get some opinions on the cross. I believe its a Otto Schickle, it is marked L/15. I feel pretty confident is is a good o

Default Kriegsverdienstkreuz w/o swords

Hello,
    This is the newest addition to my collection. I just wanted to get some opinions on the cross. I believe its a Otto Schickle, it is marked L/15. I feel pretty confident is is a good one but wanted to get verification.

Thanks very much!

Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstkreuz w/o swords   Kriegsverdienstkreuz w/o swords  

Kriegsverdienstkreuz w/o swords  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstkreuz w/o swords
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsverdienstkreuz w/o swords

In my humble opinion I think this piece has a good chance of being a Floch replica. For me the needle, hinge and catch all point to a Floch. The darkened areas around the hinge and catch are not good signs to me also but the most damning of clues for me at least is the MM. From my understanding most Floch KVK's are either unmarked or are marked L11 or...unfortunatley L15. One thing I'm not sure about is if the L15 should in fact be L/15. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along to confirm or deny this.

A useful reference to Floch replica's can be found here:Floch Article: EK - KVK - Clasp - Page 8 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

I hope for your sake that I'm wrong here but if it was me, I'd be trying to get my money back on this item. Theres just too much that i'm not liking about it to be comfortable.

Sorry

I believe Glenn is right and it is a Floch fake . The biggest give away for me is the absence of a oval plate under the hinge block.
    A genuine L/15 is pictured here:
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsverdienstkreuz w/o swords 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I'v been Floched!

Glenn thanks very much for the link as you and Stickgrenade pointed out I now own a stinker. Luckily I was dealing with a reputable dealer at a local gun show whom Iv dealt with in the past and I'm sure he will make it right.

Have any of you read the War Merit Cross by Gordon Williamson? Is it a good book for collectors? I now own more books then I do badges and have just found a good reason to add another.

Thanks again to you both for the information and taking time to share links and photos.

Much appreciated!

I mistakenly fell for one of these Floch fakes several years ago !
    Cannot find it, but I think it's on the floor somewhere
    behind a pile of boxes............!
    Regards,

Steve.

yes,,,you've been floched~~!!,,,make sure it doesnt happen again...