Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsverdienstmedaille

Article about: I think these medals are somewhat overlooked, but I like them. To try and figure out if the ribbon is original, i searched in the archives and found this thread: http://www.warrelics.eu/foru

Default Kriegsverdienstmedaille

I think these medals are somewhat overlooked, but I like them.
    To try and figure out if the ribbon is original, i searched in the archives and found this thread: Ribbon authenticity guide
    SO IMO the ribbon is fine.
    Stig
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstmedaille   Kriegsverdienstmedaille  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstmedaille
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like nice condition example to me.

I would recommend not using that background. It is too similar to the award itself
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

You are right. I didn`t think about that. I won`t make that "mistake" again!!
    Stig

Stig i agree a medal well overlooked..
    Thanks for sharing.. the ribbon looks fine to me

If you want to collect a set of War merit medals you've just got to start with one of these beauties! Regards Paul

MAP
    ?

Funny, but at shows I find these so much harder to find compared to the KvK 2nd class

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

That is my attention, Paul. I got to start somewhere : )
    Stig

Quote by MAP View Post
    Funny, but at shows I find these so much harder to find compared to the KvK 2nd class
    Michael i can point you in the direction of some
    55 pieces total.. 18 euros a piece

It's amazing just how many of the lower end Third Reich decorations are often overlooked. Their designs are just as aesthetically pleasing as the higher end ones, and they have all of the same history for a much more sensible price. These medals are a perfect example of that. Dime and dozen, and every dealer has a few. But they're an essential addition to any KVK collection, or any medal collection in general. Coincidentally, I still do not have one of these!

The crosses awarded to Great War veterans are another oft-overlooked decoration. I've started to get into those, and would recommend them to you if you're just starting out and looking for some affordable additions for your collection.

The ribbon is indeed fine, by the way. The weave is the key to identifying an authentic one. If it's original, it'll have scalloped edges along both sides. Modern ones tend to be either scalloped on one edge and smooth on the other, or smooth on both sides. That applies to most period medal ribbons, by the way. Not just the German ones. British medals of both First and Second World War vintage feature the same style of weave on their ribbons:

KriegsverdienstmedailleKriegsverdienstmedaille

Regards, B.B.

MAP
    ?

LoL. No thanks. I got mine already. Just find it funny that for every 10 KvK 2nd class, I see just one of these.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast