Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsverdienstmedaille Ribbon help

Article about: Hey . I picked this medal up recently for a good price with a helmet purchase. The ribbon has me a bit confused though. Obviously it is a replacement ribbon as the medal has a lot of wear wh

?

Default Kriegsverdienstmedaille Ribbon help

Hey . I picked this medal up recently for a good price with a helmet purchase.
    The ribbon has me a bit confused though. Obviously it is a replacement ribbon as the medal has a lot of wear while the ribbon is clean. But i would like to know if its unissued original or a fake replacement.
    Thanks in advance
    Kriegsverdienstmedaille Ribbon helpKriegsverdienstmedaille Ribbon helpKriegsverdienstmedaille Ribbon helpKriegsverdienstmedaille Ribbon help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstmedaille Ribbon help
    P
    Many

Its a fake ribbon IMO.
    Best regards,
    Franko

?

Ah thanks . Not too disappointed as the ribbon ain’t the important part . Cheers franko

Shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement ribbon for one of these medals. They're very common and cheap, especially when you compare them to virtually any other Third Reich award.

Now you can start searching for some War Merit Crosses to go with it!

B.B.

?

Thanks i have already sourced a ribbon. I already have the second class with swords . 1st class ones are a bit pricey and i am worried about zinc pest as i have seen threads where the process has begun. Quite sad

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Thanks i have already sourced a ribbon. I already have the second class with swords . 1st class ones are a bit pricey and i am worried about zinc pest as i have seen threads where the process has begun. Quite sad
    Zinc pest is tricky. It affects some awards, while some remain untouched. I've got some tinnies that have been affected by it, but it doesn't seem to get any worse if you store the items in a stable environment. When it comes to KVK II's, I'd probably go after the earlier brass ones rather than the late war zinc. The prices are virtually identical, and it mitigates the zinc pest issue. They also tend to retain their finish where zinc awards absorb it.

First class KVK's are indeed quite a big price jump, when for the same money you could get yourself a decent EKII. Don't feel rushed to buy a pest-ridden one just because it's cheap. Better to wait and save a bit and get one that's in decent shape. You'll appreciate it a lot more as part of your collection that way.

You've got a nice War Merit Medal at any rate, so you're one step ahead of me in the KVK department!

B.B.