Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

KVK 1 in a box genuine or not?

Article about: Recently I have purchased this KVK 1 in a box. It seemed to be great on photos, however, I am doubting the box atm. Do you think the cross and the box is ok? Would really appreciate your rep

My two KVK examples show two types of '1'

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images KVK 1 in a box genuine or not?  KVK 1 in a box genuine or not? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KVK 1 in a box genuine or not?
    P
    Many

Nice frosting!

The case is a late war 'ersatz' compression fit lid type. DK's also ended up in one's similar, there was no metal hinge either, the case and lid being held together by the outer paper cover and the satin strip inside the lid to operate as a hinging mechanism. I can't be sure with these pic's, buy it wouldn't suprise me if this is similar. Whatever, it's a known genuine type.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Nice kvk1 set's.

I don't see a problem with it. As Ned says it's a later type Deschler. Probably from the "Deschler hoard" that was found at the Deschler villa in Spain a few years ago. Stewy

I thought the Deschler horde was found in the attic of the company's premises in Munich?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I thought the Deschler horde was found in the attic of the company's premises in Munich?
    They were on holiday....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Can't say for sure on the Badge, but the Box is obviously unissued. Very nice set.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

i think it looks fine.
    Here's another 1 that I used to own.

Cheers,
    Ger
    KVK 1 in a box genuine or not?KVK 1 in a box genuine or not?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    You may be right Glenn. But where ever it was found, still from that hoard. Stewy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast