Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

KVK 1C with Swords.

Article about: Following on from my KM thread there was also this in the box of bits and pieces. It's a War Merit Cross, 1st Class with Swords, complete with the box, maker marked 4 (which is S & L I t

Default KVK 1C with Swords.

Following on from my KM thread there was also this in the box of bits and pieces. It's a War Merit Cross, 1st Class with Swords, complete with the box, maker marked 4 (which is S & L I think). It's zinc and the finish has long gone. Once again same questions as in the KM thread, is it okay (looks okay?) and what would be a rough value for a private sale or if it went to auction, not too bothered as to what the dealers are selling them for. I've told my mate what it is and that it's not the best example out there and that the box is probably worth nearly as much as the cross. Pics have come out a bit random in the thread I think but you get the idea...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KVK 1C with Swords.   KVK 1C with Swords.  

KVK 1C with Swords.   KVK 1C with Swords.  

Last edited by Time Bandit; 10-07-2011 at 01:22 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KVK 1C with Swords.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: KVK 1C with Swords.

It all looks fine to me, a typical zinc S&L KVK. I'm not quite sure what these are going for right now but at a guess £100-£150ish (probably more towards the lower end).

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    It all looks fine to me, a typical zinc S&L KVK. I'm not quite sure what these are going for right now but at a guess £100-£150ish (probably more towards the lower end).
    I told him around £120 'ish but it was a bit of guess but it fits in with your guess so I don't suppose it's far out then!

I see zinc types without a case selling here for $150-$175. The case should
    easily be another $100+. $250-$300 would be a very good price.

120 Pounds is a bargain...........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

A nice KVK1 in box will do between 150-->275 euro's ( common price in Germany and Holland) and depends of course on condition, maker etc...
    yours is zinc with the silver wash almost gone, so this would be in the lower ranks of that.

A nice set indeed! Minty ones, if you like that sort of thing, are quite easy to get hold of.

I think the price has been pitched right by the guys for your example

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks folks, I'll pass the info on to him.