Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

KVK 1st Class

Article about: Hi Folks, Would like to share my latest purchase with you all. Maker marked "1" for Deschler. I had been on the lookout for sometime and when I came across this one. It was love at

Great photos. This one goes into my "virtual"collection, as it's the best one I've seen. With swords, so earned in combat? What were these awarded for? Not for fighting for sure, as that would be an EKII. (?) Can someone explain please.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

The award was graded the same as the Iron Cross: War Merit Cross Second Class, War Merit Cross First Class, and Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross. The award had two variants: with swords given to soldiers for exceptional service in battle above and beyond the call of duty (but not worthy of an Iron Cross which was more a bravery award), and without swords for meritorious service behind the lines which could also be awarded to civilians. Recipients had to have the lower grade of the award before getting the next level. There was also another version below the 2nd class simply called the War Merit Medal (German: Kriegsverdienstmedaille), set up in 1940 for civilians in order to offset the large number of 2nd class without swords being awarded. It was usually given to those workers in factories who significantly exceeded work quotas. (from wiki) for you general infomation der alte oberst

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12