Become our sponsor and display your banner here

KVK 2 Klasse mit Schwerten Number 2

Article about: Hello, here is another cross I picked up on my recent holiday in Germany. Another KVK 2nd class with swords by the maker Gebruder Bender of Oberstein. Maker marked ring number 41. Bought thi

Default KVK 2 Klasse mit Schwerten Number 2

Hello,
    here is another cross I picked up on my recent holiday in Germany. Another KVK 2nd class with swords by the maker Gebruder Bender of Oberstein. Maker marked ring number 41.
    Bought this one at a Fleamarket near Stuttgart. The seller was well friendly and I also picked up a nice Artillary officers photo album from the French campaign and a mint Adolf Hitler book in its original dust cover and boxed. All cards present and correct. I will post these later in the right sections along with some tinnies.

regards John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7635.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	249.5 KB 
ID:	145296   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7634.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	249.5 KB 
ID:	145297  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7636.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	248.0 KB 
ID:	145298  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: KVK 2 Klasse mit Schwerten Number 2

Excellent condition John, was there much about in the way of militaria at these markets? Did you go specifically to visit the fleamarkets or did you chance upon them?

Lovely example John

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Adrian,
    each year for the last four years I have went to Germany to visit my girlfriends family. I have been really lucky. I found the flohmarkts in the area easily with their help, and visit them on a Saturday. So the joke with her family is, dont arrange anything for John on a Saturday. "Immer Flohmarkt gehen!" However this year I made a few really good contacts and spent quite a bit of time at other sales and a militaria dealer. All of whom I would say from experience were very honest. Which is very refreshing. I picked up some nice articles from another flohmarkt which was on the way, to the one I usually go to in Stuttgart. Also her uncles send me the odd thing now and again. So all in all, I am very lucky.
    Sent you a PM.

Regards John

?

So the secret to a good collection is not all about money, it's having a German girlfriend?
    Does she have a sister perhaps?

Hi Adrian, no sisters I'm afraid. Only three brothers. You would laugh if you saw us at the flea markets. She seems to have a second sight, she's always walking ahead of me, spotting the items. Where I am more slow methodical and try to look at every stall.
    The first year we went she spotted a Panzerkampfabzeichen, Juncker Neusilber, which neither of us at the time knew anything about. I posted that up on WAF.
    The second year she spotted a PAB by Juncker Zinc in bronze, in absolute mint condition. Then this year before we went she told me she had a good feeling about something special I might find. To my joy and frustration she was right AGAIN!
    CANT GET THE LOTTERY NUMBERS THOUGH!

Oh well.......... regards John

?

John. Marry her.

Too late mate, asked her, so its happening June 2012.
    Couldnt let this one go! Specially with her philosophy. I can do what I want, when and where and spend what I like on the hobby!
    Have you ever heard anything as crazy as that. Her dad was in the HJ, RAD and Fallschirmjager Reg 3.
    An absolute gentleman.
    So all round I feel pretty lucky.

regards John