Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

KVK 2.Klasse mit Schwerter and Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: A few more items I picked up from my neighbor. I was able to find out a lot about the Eisernes Kreuz to tell if its a fake or not. Seems pretty good to me. As for the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.

Default KVK 2.Klasse mit Schwerter and Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

A few more items I picked up from my neighbor. I was able to find out a lot about the Eisernes Kreuz to tell if its a fake or not. Seems pretty good to me. As for the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwerter....yeah no idea. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

KVK 2.Klasse mit Schwerter and Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseKVK 2.Klasse mit Schwerter and Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseKVK 2.Klasse mit Schwerter and Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseKVK 2.Klasse mit Schwerter and Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseKVK 2.Klasse mit Schwerter and Eisernes Kreuz 2. KlasseKVK 2.Klasse mit Schwerter and Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-20-2012 at 11:54 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KVK 2.Klasse mit Schwerter and Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2.Klasse mit Schwerter and Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Both items look like good originals to me. The experts will be along to tell you the maker of the EK2. The KVK2 looks like a zinc award that has lost all its finish. Pretty common with these. They don't polish up too well. (Don't ask me how I know this )

Awesome, much appreciated. The color flatness of the KVK2 is what had me second guessing but what you are saying makes sense. Thanks!

?

I agree with Roger, both medals are original. As already mentioned, the KVK is a zinc award which has absobed the original finish, hence why it is in it's base metal state. This is a common occurence on zinc awards although I believe the quality of the zinc has a bearing on the absorption rate and outcome. Some zinc awards, particularly the kriegsabzeichen were coated with a thin layer on copper or brass or even coated in a primer before the final finish was applied. This helps prevent the loss of finish.
    The EK2 appears to have the 'standard' Steinhauer & Luck frame which was used by several manufacturers.

As a gentle reminder to all members, it is recommended and requested that if you have multiple items to post, please start a new thread for each item. Obviously using the Eisernes Kreuz forum for those awards.
    Thank You.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: KVK 2.Klasse mit Schwerter and Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Great news and information. Your knowledge is priceless. My apologies for the double posting. I'm still learning the ropes.

?

Quote by bradanimal View Post
    Great news and information. Your knowledge is priceless. My apologies for the double posting. I'm still learning the ropes.
    It's no problem at all but it makes life easier for searching in the future and very often mulitple item threads can get confusing and less flowing as different members comment on different things. Also sometimes items can get 'lost' within a thread and don't get the discussion they deserve. Every thread will get an answer here so therefore if every item is posted in it's own thread, every item will get a reply!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

KVK2 w/s is a very late war example IMO. But genuine none the less. Stewy

They look quite attractive in that condition

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem