Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

KVK II mit Schwertern : Real or Fake?

Article about: Hello everyone, i purchased this medals and was just a tad curious about what you think. Any opinions on authenticity would be muchly appreciated. Thank you, Caleb.

Default KVK II mit Schwertern : Real or Fake?

Hello everyone, i purchased this medals and was just a tad curious about what you think. Any opinions on authenticity would be muchly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Caleb.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KVK II mit Schwertern : Real or Fake?   KVK II mit Schwertern : Real or Fake?  

KVK II mit Schwertern : Real or Fake?   KVK II mit Schwertern : Real or Fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KVK II mit Schwertern : Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real or Fake?

For me original

Default re: KVK II mit Schwertern : Real or Fake?

Hi Caleb, it is original.

I have edited your original post and removed the other items. Please do one thread per item as it makes reference easier. We have a pinned thread on the original German names for almost all awards. Don't worry you will soon find your way around.

We have a separate forum for HJ items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: KVK II mit Schwertern : Real or Fake?

Ok thanks, it's my first time doing this haha, so did you think that all 3 were original and how do you know?

Thanks,
    Caleb.

Please post the other two items again so everyone can see them.

I have been collecting 36 years now, so I am fairly experienced in this stuff. But I still learn something new everyday. The learning never stops.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I will have to post tomorrow as its past 1AM for me, and I was just curious as I am going to a collecting dealer (if that's what they're called) and would like to know what the key things to look out for are?

I'm looking at buyin a eastern front medal awarded for the Russian battles, a polizie service badge and possibly an SS rank insignia.

Thanks,
    Caleb.

Hi Caleb, originality questions abound! This is a MASSIVE subject. It is impossible to list them all.

VERY basic things are :

Good crisp detail
    Items should not be made of lead alloys
    Ribbons should never glow under a UV blacklight

Do not buy anything unless you post it here first. SS cloth is a huge minefield. I can almost say 9 out of 10 items shown will be bad.

Cheers, Ade.

?

An original KVK for sure but it will be better if you can edit the pics and rotate them the right way up please.

As Ade has said, it is much much easier if you start a new thread for each piece and post them in the correct forum. Threads with multiple items get very confused when different answers to different pieces are given all in the same place.

There are plenty of Ostmedailles posted here on theforum so you'll have plenty for reference.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....