Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new KVKs

Article about: As mentioned above, the prices of KVKs should not be expensive, look on dealers sites and get an idea of the prices, if you're going to a show - haggle and get the best price! Don't forget t

Default My new KVKs

Hello everyone. Just want to add and share my latest arrivals. A zinc KVK mm ''1'' with pips on it's ribbon, added by the vet who took it back to USA.
    An unmarked tombak and a mint mm''88'' without swords.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new KVKs   My new KVKs  

My new KVKs   My new KVKs  

Last edited by don_kihotis7; 03-05-2011 at 08:32 PM.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new KVKs
    P
    Many

Default Re: My new KVKs

The unmarked tombak
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new KVKs   My new KVKs  

And the KVK without swords.

Very nice. Don't know if you saw a few weeks ago but I really like these and this may be the direction
    of my first group to collect.

I'm going to my first militaria show next week, if some of you would be so kind as to send me a Pm with
    what price range I should stay in it would be much appreciated.

Like I said those are very nice in my eyes.

Rudy

Hello Rudy. These awards are very cheap. An average zinc piece with it's original ribbon would cost from $25-$30. A tombak one would cost up to $45. The ones without swords cost a little more as fewer pieces were awarded but should be around the same price range. The only KVKs which cost more than $45 are the parade mounted ones. Those are usually offered up to $70-80. It depends also from whom you are buying. When buying from other collectors prices are lower compared to the ones you see in various dealer's websites.
    These awards were given in large numbers. In particular there were 6,134,950 KVKs 2nd class with swords issued and 1,591,567 without swords.
    I forgot to tell you that the KVK 1st class cost much more. I have seen some for $150 and also some over $200 as they had their cases too. Condition is a major factor which determines the value. The more mint it is the more expensive.

By the way if anyone has the list with maker's numbers i would appreciate some info on maker no. 88. I would like to see if the KVK without swords matches with the packet.

Thanks for the education, I'm sure it will come in handy.

Rudy

Nice crosses Don, keep up the good work !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    By the way if anyone has the list with maker's numbers i would appreciate some info on maker no. 88. I would like to see if the KVK without swords matches with the packet.
    Maker 88 is Werner Redo, Saarlautern

Anytime Rudy.

Thanks Nick. I've seen yours too. I almost got one parade KVKII recently but got there a bit late

Thank you Glenn. That's great News. I have a matching set then

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast