Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with this Kriegsverdienstkreuz Ribbonbar.

Article about: I have just bought this Luftwaffe Ribbon_Device War-Service Cross with swords, I do not know much about it, and cannot find much info on Google but found it here (Luftwaffe), can anyone give

Default Need help with this Kriegsverdienstkreuz Ribbonbar.

I have just bought this Luftwaffe Ribbon_Device War-Service Cross with swords, I do not know much about it, and cannot find much info on Google but found it here (Luftwaffe), can anyone give me more/better ID and perhaps a link where I can read more.
    Regards
    John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with this Kriegsverdienstkreuz Ribbonbar.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 03-26-2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Title corrected.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with this Kriegsverdienstkreuz Ribbonbar.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help to this Luftwaffe Ribbon/Device War-Service Cross with swords

Hi John, why do you say this is Luftwaffe? The only possible way this could be Luftwaffe issue is if it has Luftwaffe blue/grey wool backing to the reverse.

It is a standard Kriegsverdienstkreuz ribbon bar, second class with swords.

Easy to research now you know what you have.

Good original item. The swords device has lost most of it gilt finish being a later zinc made item.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Need help to this Luftwaffe Ribbon/Device War-Service Cross with swords

Hi Ade
    Thanks again, yes I know my mistake because of the colors, as you say it should have been blue. Now I have enough info to find more about it.
    Regards
    John

?

Default Re: Need help with this Kriegsverdienstkreuz Ribbonbar.

As Ade said, a perfectly original ribbonbar for a Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2 klasse mit Schwerten. A common item which was worn on the tunic above the left breast pocket if the recipient of the award chose not to wear the ribbon from the buttonhole in the traditional manner. Try a search in this forum for 'Kriegsverdienstkreuz' for further information.
    Here are a couple of mine, a ribbonbar and a buttonhole. Note the difference size of the swords between your example and mine, completely normal and a common occurrence.
    Also attached is a photo of a KVK2 ribbonbar being worn. Unusually this individual is also wearing his KVK medal on the ribbon but most likely deliberately done for the photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with this Kriegsverdienstkreuz Ribbonbar.   Need help with this Kriegsverdienstkreuz Ribbonbar.  

Need help with this Kriegsverdienstkreuz Ribbonbar.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Need help with this Kriegsverdienstkreuz Ribbonbar.

Hi Adrian
    Nice response, one I can really use.
    Regards
    John