Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New German medals for Review

Article about: I just purchased this lot of medals in their original issue packets. Although I already own one of each I could not resist these nice examples. My camera is acting funny (it refuses to focus

?

Default New German medals for Review

I just purchased this lot of medals in their original issue packets. Although I already own one of each I could not resist these nice examples. My camera is acting funny (it refuses to focus) but I'll try to post individual pictures. Thanks & enjoy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New German medals for Review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New German medals for Review
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New German medals for Review

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse maker marked on the ring (looks like a 1)
    envelope marked Deschler & Sohne
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New German medals for Review   New German medals for Review  

?

Winterschlacht Im Osten / Ostmedaille maker marked on ring either 6 or 9, packet marked Gustav Brehmer ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New German medals for Review   New German medals for Review  

Attached Images Attached Images New German medals for Review  New German medals for Review  New German medals for Review 

?

Kriegsverdienstkreuz mit Schwertern

?

Kriegsverdienstkreuz ohne Schwerter

?

Kriegsverdiensmedaille

Congrats. Always nice to see &/or own packeted examples. Stewy S

?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Congrats. Always nice to see &/or own packeted examples. Stewy S
    Thank you ! As I was taking pics I compared my new Iron Cross to an old one I got in a trade years ago. There are so many differences that I fear the old is fake. I took pics side by side for comparison. The old one on the left is slightly smaller and lighter, has a thicker swastika, the ring loop on the old one appears to be soldered onto the cross while the other one is affixed to a loop in the actual cross, and lastly the 1939 is painted poorly and lacks detail. The ring is marked 55 I think. Are there that many variations on these or is the old one a copy. sorry for the dark pics but my camera does not want to cooperate. Thanks, Al.

New German medals for Review   New German medals for Review  

Hi Al,"55" is J.E. Hammer & Sohne. There's a lot of variation in EK's from maker to maker. Unfortunately i don't know them all,as some members do. Stewy S

I think i've got an unmarked one somewhere i'll dig it out so you can compare. Stewy S

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast