Become our sponsor and display your banner here

original Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter?

Article about: hi i just got back from a week long vacation in which at one point I stopped by a military antique store in pomona CA and bought some stuff including this. I cant really tell if its original

Default original Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter?

hi i just got back from a week long vacation in which at one point I stopped by a military antique store in pomona CA and bought some stuff including this. I cant really tell if its original or not (im guessing not based on the low production number of these) however this one does have 2 marks on it as pictured, it has 800 stamped in it which I assume is probably a silver content marking and it has a mark in it that says L/58, im not familiar with that maker and any help with this would be great thanks!
    original Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter?original Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter?original Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter?original Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement original Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter?
    P
    Many

?

L/58 is the mark for Rudolf Souval.

There were only three recognised makers of this award before May 1945, Deschler, Steinhauer & Luck and Zimmermann, Souval did not produce these during the war.

Therefore it is reasonable to say that this is a post war produced piece by Souval who are renowned for their production of awards after the end of hostilities.

?

Adrian is probably right. I have an RK EK w/swords and oak leaves . It's has pretty high quality craftsmanship and has the stamps, and even made of silver frame and magnetic iron core. The maker mark is L/12 ( juncker)and the cluster is marked L/50. This is most likely made by a similar firm , post-war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture original Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter?   original Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes ohne Schwerter?  

Last edited by Dean; 08-13-2013 at 10:41 AM.