Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?

Article about: by Walkwolf Genuine 'Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross' awards were made of pure solid silver, as mentioned.......... I know that but I am trying to figure out what is this piece - struck

Default Re: Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Genuine 'Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross' awards were
    made of pure solid silver, as mentioned..........
    I know that but I am trying to figure out what is this piece - struck from the original ? test run ? fake ?
    Looking for following WWII German items:
    - anything dealing with Allenstein (Olsztyn) and Wehrkreis I in East Prussia,
    - entrenching tool carrier (straight and folding),
    - forestry and hunting items,

Polish Militaria 1914-1945 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/124584324789966/
    GTA Militaria - Discussions and Sales - https://www.facebook.com/groups/890720157646923/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?

I mean the reverses of the pieces above, not the reverse side of the cross. What does the other side of the items above look like?

it dose not look like a test or prototype, if it was a test for the final award it would have been struck in the material it was going to be produced in. I am suspicious about this.

Morris

I was always under the impression that these had to have 3 bands and not 4 as in the 1st post (see marked area) I could be wrong, but if not, probably an attempt at a fake?

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	331917  

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I mean the reverses of the pieces above, not the reverse side of the cross. What does the other side of the items above look like?
    Adrian, I believe this has been struck in one piece.
    Regards,

Steve.

Yes it is one piece
    Looking for following WWII German items:
    - anything dealing with Allenstein (Olsztyn) and Wehrkreis I in East Prussia,
    - entrenching tool carrier (straight and folding),
    - forestry and hunting items,

Polish Militaria 1914-1945 - https://www.facebook.com/groups/124584324789966/
    GTA Militaria - Discussions and Sales - https://www.facebook.com/groups/890720157646923/

?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    I was always under the impression that these had to have 3 bands and not 4 as in the 1st post (see marked area) I could be wrong, but if not, probably an attempt at a fake?

Tom
    The four bands are correct Tom, they should have four top and bottom of the wreath.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Yes it is one piece
    Sorry, I thought it was two pieces, a front and back. I wish I could help out more but I've never seen anything like this. It could be an original test piece but then again it could be a fake test piece.

IMO i believe it is a striking of a fake test, when the medals were shown to the war board in 1938 they were shown if full not in a half struck solid figure. so IMO is is a fake

l have a similar item, that was found in an old building rubble, with some un-finished belt buckles, probley 10 yrs ago, this looks like aluminum, have no idea what it was for, thought maybe a part of a die or something, l posted it one time before...l also have a hitler head profile, thats about the same, if i can find it again..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warelics.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	333405   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1ssa.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	333404  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1luftbuk.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	248.9 KB 
ID:	333403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	warelics1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	333406  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12