Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?

Article about: by Walkwolf Genuine 'Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross' awards were made of pure solid silver, as mentioned.......... I know that but I am trying to figure out what is this piece - struck

Default Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?

The Knights Cross to the War Merit Cross - unstuck - real or fake ?
    Any feedback is appreciated.

Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?
    Last edited by Adrian; 04-10-2012 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: The Knights Cross to the War Merit Cross - unstuck - real or fake ?

hi , not sure as to it being real or fake . any idea as to the metal used in this item? . perhaps its a test/trial striking ?....pavel

it is heavy cast and it is the same type of material as regular merit crosses.

l have an iron cross 2nd kl. and Army Flak badge like the war merit cross, never knew what they were used for?

Quote by sailorjerry View Post
    l have an iron cross 2nd kl. and Army Flak badge like the war merit cross, never knew what they were used for?
    Please post some photos.
    Last edited by Adrian; 04-10-2012 at 08:02 AM.

?

Default Re: Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?

The Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes were struck in solid silver with maybe a few made in zinc for shop displays. If original I have no idea what the above is supposed to be. Given that there is a large area of missing pebbling on the 12 o'clock arm on the obverse, I can't imagine this being struck from an original die with a fault such as this in place.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    The Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes were struck in solid silver with maybe a few made in zinc for shop displays. If original I have no idea what the above is supposed to be. Given that there is a large area of missing pebbling on the 12 o'clock arm on the obverse, I can't imagine this being struck from an original die with a fault such as this in place.
    There is no pebbling missing other damage done when it was hit with something - please see better photos.
    Quality is really high and the same as originals KVKs.
    There is no fault in the cast other than handle of the sword has been "cut into it".

Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?

?

Can you post pics of the reverses please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Can you post pics of the reverses please?
    Here is the photo of the reverse.
    I only have one piece.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?  

Genuine 'Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross' awards were
    made of pure solid silver, as mentioned..........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast