MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shot in the dark

Article about: I was in a little second hand store today looking around the store owner will consignee items for people he has two terrible examples of German combat helmets for sale an M35 Heer that looks

?

Default Shot in the dark

I was in a little second hand store today looking around the store owner will consignee items for people he has two terrible examples of German combat helmets for sale an M35 Heer that looks to have a war time field paint over and an M40 luftwaffe with a denazified adler both look to be original Quist shells but have had the liners replaced and or tampered with but upon picking up the one helmet for inspection I did find two medals or awards tucked in behind the M35 I asked the owner of the store what he wanted for them he said to make him an offer as I did not want to insult him by offering him to little I told him I needed to do some research and I would get back to him.He told me he would sell them to me for $30.00 CDN so I took a shot in the dark and bought them the onley problem is I dont know what the hell I bought or if there even real or what they could possibly be worth.So again here I am needing the assistance of the members of the forum I am positive that someone out there knows what these are
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shot in the dark   Shot in the dark  

Shot in the dark   Shot in the dark  

Shot in the dark   Shot in the dark  

Shot in the dark  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Shot in the dark
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Shot in the dark

You bought a Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2nd klasse without swords and a Kriegsverdienstmedaille. Both are original, made of tombak or buntmetal and IMO, a good buy at $30.

?

Thanks adrian now i can do some research on them

I agree great buy congrats.

Eric

?

I think my self that I got very lucky with this buy thank you gentlemen.

?

Yes , A good buy there, did you find out how much the helmets were , you might get them at a deal judging by this guys pricing

Quote by davejb View Post
    Yes , A good buy there, did you find out how much the helmets were , you might get them at a deal judging by this guys pricing
    Good point Dave.

?

He wanted $550 CDN for the M35 which appears to have a fire brigade liner in it and $695 CDN for the M40 luftwaffe which has had the liner replaced from a different helmet as the rivets are the wrong size and color

?

There are plenty of examples here on the forum, just use the search button and look for 'KVK' or 'Kriegsverdienstkreuz'.

?

I was just doing that Adrian the onley thing that I have not been able to find so far was why the medals wear issued and and to what branch of the service I will assume the wehrmacht and wear they would be worn on the uniform.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast