Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Spanhoe - Northamptonshire Op. Market-Garden Sep 08

Article about: Looks like a good group, I was part of the Second Battle Group for a while.

Default Re: Spanhoe - Northamptonshire Op. Market-Garden Sep 08

Looks like a good group, I was part of the Second Battle Group for a while.
    Ben

Hi Neil, we have the "Victory Show" then a new event at KELVEDON HATCH, Essex which clashes with Gary's show.

secretnuclearbunker

This is to comemmorate the 60th Anniversary of the Berlin Airlift. We get to play the "bad guys"

Cheers, Ade.

?

That looked like a fantastic set up, you must have put the hours in to get it looking like that!

Cheers

Ian

HerrHenke
    ?

Took a few weekends prep work Ian, but all worth it in the end It was a fantastic setup for the Axis forces , i'll have to see if i can find more pics.

@ Ade sounds like a fun weekend is our moaning Brummie going along to that one in his DDR kit?

Ben, do you still re-enact then?

Neil.

Hi Neil, do you mean "Golly"? He is not down to do this one as of yet. But DDR kit would be no good anyway. 1948 is too early for NVA.

Cheers, Ade.

Great stuff you guys , you certanly put in the hours to get these shows right , i would love to see one some day , cheers Raymond

HerrHenke
    ?

Yeh, the one and only Golly - there goes my knowledge of East German history.

Quote by HerrHenke View Post
    Ben, do you still re-enact then?

Neil.
    Hi Neil, sadly not any more, to many comittments I'm afraid, work, golf, collecting, just could not fit it all in when my house is finished I might just start again, after the house my next project could be a Kubel
    Ben

?

Well, The Spanhoe show took place last weekend, and I'm glad to report that it was well received and attended by the public.

The weather held out after a few days of pre-show rain.

All in all, the planned schedule held together well, with various aircraft making their guest appearances in between staged events such as the re-enactor battle.

Here are a few of my pictures from the event, as well as a few links to material already uploaded onto the web.

Nick Halling Photographer
    (Look under events on the menu - Spanhoe 1 and 2)

Flickr: Maximum G (psbellamy1)'s stuff tagged with spanhoe

Spanhoe operation market garden sept 2008 part2 - Truveo Video Search

Operation Market Garden, Spanhoe - 140908

YouTube - C-47 Skytrain at Operation Spanhoe 2008

YouTube - Mustang P51D Spanhoe Airfield Corby

YouTube - Reenactors At Operation Market Garden 2008

Regards

G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanhoe - Northamptonshire Op. Market-Garden Sep 08   Spanhoe - Northamptonshire Op. Market-Garden Sep 08  

Spanhoe - Northamptonshire Op. Market-Garden Sep 08   Spanhoe - Northamptonshire Op. Market-Garden Sep 08  

Spanhoe - Northamptonshire Op. Market-Garden Sep 08   Spanhoe - Northamptonshire Op. Market-Garden Sep 08  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2