Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

The Battle of Königsberg

Article about: Hi Guys, last weekend the Ostfront Association, of which I am Vice Chairman, put on our first event. It took 6 months of planning. We had around 50 members take part. This was a private tact

Default The Battle of Königsberg

Hi Guys, last weekend the Ostfront Association, of which I am Vice Chairman, put on our first event. It took 6 months of planning. We had around 50 members take part.

This was a private tactical battle themed around the Battle of Königsberg in East Prussia in 1945. This was a battle in which the respective units we represent took part. ("GD" and "2nd Guards" ) Only authentic gear was allowed for the whole weekend. The night time temperature dropped to minus 10 degrees! In 2nd Guards we slept out with just our winter gear and nothing else!

There will be more photos to come, but here is a small compilation from the lads in "GD":

YouTube - The Battle of Königsberg.wmv

You will see in the first few seconds an MG42 position. These were manned over night. We actually took a prisoner from one without the Germans knowing Note the heavy frost in the final pics.

Even food was authentic style and some hot food was sent up to the front line in insulated cans.

We had arranged for an armourer to be present so we hired MG's and SMG's for the weekend.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: The Battle of Königsberg

Hi M8.

I dont like to say this but HARDCORE!!! lol nice i would love to be there when that went off.

VAMPY

Hi Ade, looked like it was 1945 again, very authentic. It definitely gives you a first hand accound of what it was like and what the troops experienced. I would love to get involved in a group like this. Like Vampy said, you guys are hardcore. Gotta love it. Thanks for sharing.

Jay

Thanks for the comments guys.

We should have more photos coming online soon. We had a couple of semi pro photographers with us on the Saturday.

What I get out of it is just experiencing a tiny fraction of what these men when through, except they did it for real day in and day out...

The cold, hunger and the adrenaline rush made for a memorable time.

Cheers, Ade.

Nice one m8 like you are going back in time for a few days.
    Exept you know you are safe

VAMPY

Hi Guys, here is an update with lots of photos care of Nick Halling Photography. Click on "latest" in the link provided:

Nick Halling Photographer

A close up of me looking tired and dirty but happy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Battle of Königsberg  

CMc
    ?

Those are great pictures, I bet if they were aged a little some of them would look a lot like the real things, particularly the ones where everyone's looking dirty and dishevelled.

Thanks for the comment. Just tried that with the one of me using this software:

???????????? -?????????????????????-

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Battle of Königsberg  

Spot on Ade! That looks the business

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem