Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Best P- / PH-hood replica?

Article about: I have trying to source a good reproduction of a P-/PH-Hood for one of my beloved WWI uniforms. The originals are ridiculously expensive and hard to come by and I have opted for a reproducti

Default Best P- / PH-hood replica?

I have trying to source a good reproduction of a P-/PH-Hood for one of my beloved WWI uniforms.
    The originals are ridiculously expensive and hard to come by and I have opted for a reproduction instead. To fill the void, so to speak.
    I have since discovered that there is a great difference in price between the numerous suppliers, and I wondered if any WWI re-enactors had any first hand experience and would be able to offer me some advice on the matter?

I have noticed that Pegasus Militaria has a rather nice version, but the price is also "first class".
    But, if the mask is worth it I have no qualms about spending that much on a woollen bag with glass lenses.
    Πόλεμος πάντων μεν πατήρ εστί, πάντων δε βασιλεύς.

Pegasus (Ran by my friend Steve) makes the best ones I have ever seen. My WW1 re-enactor friends buy from him.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Pegasus (Ran by my friend Steve) makes the best ones I have ever seen. My WW1 re-enactor friends buy from him.
    Thanks Adrian
    Do you know if it is single or double layered? (if that makes any sense?)

I think is a double layered?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I think is a double layered?
    Thank you!