Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Biggest regret in Not Participating in a living history event or with historical objects/experiences

Article about: I had a chance to fly in the He-111 in the early 2000's it was a short trip and was somewhere between \\$500-1000 donation. I passed even though i had the cash. every bone in my body was sayin

Default Biggest regret in Not Participating in a living history event or with historical objects/experiences

I had a chance to fly in the He-111 in the early 2000's it was a short trip and was somewhere between $500-1000 donation.
    I passed even though i had the cash. every bone in my body was saying go go go!
    I think part of reason was that i was visiting the air show with a nice looking young lady~
    In 2003 it sadly crashed! stupid stupid stupid.

Heinkel HE-111 - German Bomber - Falcon Field - Mesa AZ - YouTube

Warbird Alley: Heinkel He 111
    Heinkel He 111 Bomber at the Frederick Airshow

?

Most of the "not-so-bright" decisions we make, have a "pretty skirt" included.

If i was chemically castrated it would have saved me for a lot of headaches thats for sure.

MAP
    ?

A shame.....I would have taken the flight.

There are only so many opportunities like this but there a lots of ladies. (better be careful what I say, my wife may see!)

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by TrondK View Post
    Most of the "not-so-bright" decisions we make, have a "pretty skirt" included.
    Amen amen ! Many of the finest have fallen prey and lost in that "Bermuda Triangle"...forever changed.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I flew on a B-17 when I was young and single. I did it because I wanted to do it. I picked up the phone, called, made the reservation and did it. Now, some years later and married (like an idiot) I, for some reason, find myself needing to explain why I want to do anything. My answer: because I want to. She has started to take the hint and stopped asking. Three warbirds are coming back to my local airport this October and I think its time I flew on another one. Next time your girl wants to get her nails done as her why. When she wants to go shoe shopping as her why. She'll start to figure it out. If she doesn't then get rid of her. Remember that somewhere, some guy got tired of her $hit

Moral of the story: do what you want (morally and legally, of course). When your life is coming to an end you will be the only one thinking about what you wish you had done.

One of the reasons why I go to the Max Show many years...and its not just the items I went to see..it was the WW2 personalities that were still alive and there at the show..which now most if not all of those Vets have already passed. This kind of History can not be repeated. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by helmetone View Post
    I flew on a B-17 when I was young and single. I did it because I wanted to do it. I picked up the phone, called, made the reservation and did it. Now, some years later and married (like an idiot) I, for some reason, find myself needing to explain why I want to do anything. My answer: because I want to. She has started to take the hint and stopped asking. Three warbirds are coming back to my local airport this October and I think its time I flew on another one. Next time your girl wants to get her nails done as her why. When she wants to go shoe shopping as her why. She'll start to figure it out. If she doesn't then get rid of her. Remember that somewhere, some guy got tired of her $hit

Moral of the story: do what you want (morally and legally, of course). When your life is coming to an end you will be the only one thinking about what you wish you had done.
    From this and some other recent posts I see a divorce looming?

Whats the saying, your biggest regrets will always be the things you never did rather than those you did do or something like that.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Likewise, the people who were in the plane probably regretted being there when it crashed.

Haha. I guess it does sound the way Jerry. But no, no divorce here. I love my wife very much, she just drives me nuts sometimes. She is the worrier; worries about everything. I'm not that way so we clash sometimes.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Haha. I guess it does sound the way Jerry. But no, no divorce here. I love my wife very much, she just drives me nuts sometimes. She is the worrier; worries about everything. I'm not that way so we clash sometimes.
    Glad to hear it Todd. My wife also tends to worry more than I, especially about money, but like you I would not wish to lose her.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast