Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

British Reenactor help

Article about: Hey there guys, I want to become a british reenactor because I like the lee enfield a and plan on owning one in the future. I was wondering are there whole packages (the uniform and gear and

Default British Reenactor help

Hey there guys,
    I want to become a british reenactor because I like the lee enfield a and plan on owning one in the future. I was wondering are there whole packages (the uniform and gear and other stuff). I don't need it now because I won't be doing it now but again for future reference. Thanks. Also how much will it all cost, not including ammo and weaponry.

Default Re: British Reenactor help

I do not believe there are "packages" that you are looking for. The gear for reenacting is usually bought in 1 or 2 items at a time.
    Morris

?

Soldier of Fortune has 'packages' but they are bare basic, and a massive ripoff. The History Bunker does too, but again, it'll cost you. It's usually better to piece it together yourself.

Martin

Ok thanks, but where can I get the equipment?

?

A list of websites off the top of my head (Check the shipping prices depending on where you live!):
    What price glory
    History Bunker
    Soldier of Fortune
    Zib Militaria
    eBay

Be sure to check and compare prices, and keep an eye on ebay! I saw some ammo pouches going for 2GBP a piece (usually around 6-8?) the other night.

Also, most webbing tends to be original, while clothing tends to be repro; as a rule of thumb. The above sites (except ebay) usually clearly mark if it's a repro or not. Sometimes (like with webbing) originals are cheaper.

Hope that helps.
    Martin

Pte. Nelson's North Africa Impression : Impressions and gear pictures

I found this WWII British 8th Army reenactor photo

I like the Desert uniform, this would be a nice one to use during the summer , they also wore long shorts
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Reenactor help