Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Bushey Hall

Article about: A small event taking place this weekend, all in aid of a good cause, a childrens charity. Forties Family Experience Christmas Events at 1940s House/2009 Set in the historic setting of the fo

Default Bushey Hall

A small event taking place this weekend, all in aid of a good cause, a childrens charity.

Forties Family Experience Christmas Events at 1940s House/2009

Set in the historic setting of the former USAAF 8th Air Force Fighter HQ.

I will be there along with a small squad from 2nd Guards.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Bushey Hall

Hi, its looks a really cool event, too bad we dont have nothing like that here. i think it should be free of charge for veterans.
    Best regards
    Nuno

Hi Nuno, I have not been to this show before but it should be a nice relaxed weekend.

Many shows are indeed free for WW2 Vets.

Cheers, Ade.

Looks like it will be a nice weekend hope the weather is good.

I am determined to see you and the 2nd Guards somewhere this year Ade

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

This was a great event and one which our group will certainly do again next year.

The former base still retains many of it's wartime buildings which are either still in use with various groups or are being restored.

Lots for all the family to see & do and a great one to bring the kids to.

We had our camp set up within a wood which was a superb setting for us. Our star attraction was Remus, our new "Anti Tank Mine Dog". Hopefully I will have some photos to share once my comrades send me them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bushey Hall  

You have so much fun Ade, it's not fair! Your anti-tank dog is over the top. All that fun while raising money for a good cause. Doesn't get any better than that. I'm glad they are maintain the buildings. We've let most of ours rot and fall to the ground here in the states. Can't wait to see more photos.

Jay

Hi Jay, most of our wartime buildings have gone too.

We also had another dog, Gracie, with a medical harness. They created a lot of interest. Both packs were hand made by their owner and unit member. She is a clever and talented lady.

Kids attend the centre during the week for a three day stay. Here they experience what it was like to live during the war. They have a 1940's school room where they have lessons as to what it was like to go to school in the war. But of a culture shock for them I bet! There is also a Bombed out building which shows various type of UXB's etc. Plus of course the 1940's house and garden.

Cheers, Ade.

Sounds great Ade, I love these 40s events!

I must make an effort next time

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem