Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011

Article about: Looks like everyone had a good time and you had a good turn out for the event. Yup, the B-24 is the iceing on the cake. Rudy

Default D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011

I just got back from this event! It was my first reenactment and I had an amazing time. I did a 1st I.D. impression.

While I collect pictures, (I didn't bring my camera... whoops) I am just curious to see if anyone here has ever been to the event. I picked up a lot of nice stuff there and I got to talk to several D-Day vets, including a 1st I.D. vet and an 82nd Airborne combat medic who was present at every single campaign.

Default Re: D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011

Noone has been there? Wow, you guys are missing out.

I didn't hear about this...I'm surprised though, I live near there.

They have it every August. It's one of the biggest D-Day events around. There is a huge beach, a bluff, beach obstacles, halftracks, armored cars, HMG's, landing craft, etc. This year I landed twice on a Higgins boat and once with a DUKW during the training display, and then I landed in an Amtrack during the battle. It was intense. If you are interested in reenacting then you should PM me. We are always looking for more guys!

Here are a few pics, as well as a youtube link to some video of the beach landings.

I am in the Nazi flag photo. You can only see my head. I am towards the left.

D-day re-enactment Conneaut Township Park, Aug. 20, 2011 - YouTube
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011   D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011  

D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011   D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011  

D-Day Conneaut Ohio 2011  

Looks like a great event!

Cheers, Ade.

I have herd about this.... live to far away tho

It was great! I could have thrown a rock at that B-24 and hit it, it was so low. And we had to include the Canadians so they just made it ashore as a third wave instead of having their own sector. haha

I was killed by a grenade unfortunately. I was at the shingle, about to storm the bluff, and a German tosses a little black powder grenade at me.

looks like a very good event

tom

Great stuff

Up close and personal to a B24 too !! We dont have one of those beauties flying around England!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast