Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Don't mention the war!

Article about: Whilst I have no interest in dressing up as a nazi the banning of an event such as this seems over the top and is the thin end of the wedge. Don't mention the war! WW2 re-enactment banned by

Default Don't mention the war!

Whilst I have no interest in dressing up as a nazi the banning of an event such as this seems over the top and is the thin end of the wedge. An old story but probably of interest to some here.

Don't mention the war! WW2 re-enactment banned by council because some of the participants would have been wearing NAZI uniforms

Northern World War II Association organised event near Barnsley, Yorkshire
    1940s 'Goodnight Sweetheart' weekend would have seen them wear uniform
    Group use genuine weapons, equipment and vehicles during re-enactments
    Council have said it cannot go ahead because of previous complaints
    Event would have raised money for Help for Heroes and local projects

Read more: Don't mention the war! WW2 re-enactment banned by council because some of the participants would have been wearing NAZI uniforms | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Wow...70 years past....time to move on, I'd say...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I think the world has got more to worry about today than harmless guys carrying out their hobby

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Yup there are a lot more serious problems for us to be concerned with!...

Maybe the council should pay more attention to the issues they are employed to address!

WWII is history and guess what it really happened. As long as nobody is glorifying the regime or making light of atrocity what exactly is the problem. Do we want our children to be spoonfed with sanitised "pink and fluffy" history and tales of brave men who invented the weaving loom?

This IS history, the clue is in the phrase "historical re-enactment".

Didn't The Goths, Vandals, Mongol Hoards and Romans etc all do some pretty unsavoury stuff? I don't see anyone objecting to the activities of the Ermine Street Guard. Oh, wait, I forgot the Romans were a civilising influence. We were barbarians back then!

Buffoons!!!

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I know some of the guys from Northern WW2 Association. Decent lads.

Not a "Nazi" uniform in sight on those photos. Simply wartime German Heer and Luftwaffe.

As ever, ill educated people making decisions about something they clearly know nothing about.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

they will be banning the roundheads and caveliers next.

Ade will have to watch out with his Soviet group, Stalin was a real B#st#rd after all and a mass killer and also with Putin and the invasion of Crimea that is enough to get them banned sooner or later.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Yep...short and sweet...People dying by hands of terrorists and powers that be are worried about saving a rare miniature sand crab that lights up at night. Throw money at that and call attention to saving the crab but ignore the 1000 lb. anvil falling on the worlds head. Folks above need to get a life and let the people be free. Get some priorities people!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

You know guys, hitler owned a blue suit. No one better wear a blue suit ever again! The SS wore socks, no one better put on any socks!

These events should be judged on actions and intent, not what people are wearing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast