Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

East of England Tank Museum event

Article about: Hi Guys, just got home from an event this past weekend at the East of England Tank museum, near Thetford. The museum is ran by a friend of ours, Sean Hindle, and houses his collection of mil

Default East of England Tank Museum event

Hi Guys, just got home from an event this past weekend at the East of England Tank museum, near Thetford. The museum is ran by a friend of ours, Sean Hindle, and houses his collection of military vehicles and is worth a visit if you are in the area. The collection has both wartime and cold war era vehicles.

The site is a former WW2 Mustard Gas shell filling factory. As a result it is situated away from any houses. It carried on in use into the cold war era and was once targeted for a nucular strike.

We had a great time despite the rain starting on Friday and which carried on all day on Saturday. But Sunday dawned fine and sunny and was a beautiful day.

I will post some pics tonight of our display.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: East of England Tank Museum event

Here we have some pics taken on Saturday.

You can see some of the camp which was situated down a sunken area under trees. It is a great spot for a camp. But first we had to cut down the long grass and nettles. Despite the rain, the sandy soil ensured it was free draining and it did not get muddy.

The rest of the pics show us drying off our clothes around a small fire which we lit behind the ZIS 3 76mm anti tank gun which was sited under a tree. We placed some "Plashes" around the sides of this to give us some cover from the heavy rain. Despite the weather, we all enjoyed ourselves and morale was still high. Perhaps the Vodka helped?

We had a total of seven members of the public come to the show that day.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture East of England Tank Museum event   East of England Tank Museum event  

East of England Tank Museum event   East of England Tank Museum event  

East of England Tank Museum event  

Sunday was a complete change. The day dawned bright and sunny and we were up early.

Several other forum members are in the pics, including my wife Lez "Larissa" , "Bob HR", a sleeping "Martin2ndGuards" and "Comrade Coffin".

Also shown is our new unit dog "Gracie". She was very well behaved for her first show and was rewarded with a rabbit shot the night before for her breakfast.

We had a small trench which was set up wth the squad DP28 LMG.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture East of England Tank Museum event   East of England Tank Museum event  

Final few pics.

All the meals are cooked over the wood fire. Lez does all the cooking, this weekend it was for 18 people. We all contribute £6 for the weekend and that pays for 5 cooked meals plus tea and coffee.

We had a small skirmish against our German "LSSAH" comrades from "Second Battle Group" in the afternoon. If I get sent any pics I will add them here.

We had a lot of interest from the public who turned out due to the good weather. We got 2nd prize for "Best display".

Cheers, Ade.

Great stuff Ade , very realistic , looks like you all had a great weekend , Cheers Raymond

I was at this Gig and as ever my Comrades of the Glorious 2nd Guards deployment was superior to the Pit Viper Groups and Imperialist Allied Groups that attended... I myself struggle against Gitlerite Oppression, as a Comrade of the Glorious 13th Guards.....so you can take my word as balanced and fair....

?

i'm really miffed i missed this one - stupid excavations!

Comrade, It did not go unnoticed, The Special department was most interested in how they could Arrest you for your Traitorous Betrayal of Mother Russia in her Hour of Need, it was mooted the Great Boss himself signed the Instrument of your "Expenditure"

Sleep well....

?

oh great...

?

Good pics Ade! It's glad to see you comrades! I hope some day we will together smash the germans

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast