Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Fabric for ATS service dress skirt

Article about: Hallo, I need to make a service dress for me. At first, I'd like to have SD skirt. I have some woolen fabric on picture, but I'm not sure about colour. So I try to take a photo of this fabri

Default Fabric for ATS service dress skirt

Hallo,
    I need to make a service dress for me.
    At first, I'd like to have SD skirt.
    I have some woolen fabric on picture, but I'm not sure about colour. So I try to take a photo of this fabric. Both pic is the same fabric, it's so dificult to take a good photo :-(

So I'm asking: Can I use this for service dress uniform, or this fabric has too light colour?

Fabric for ATS service dress skirtFabric for ATS service dress skirt

Hello, welcome to the forum.

The question you are asking is very hard because colors are subjective and cameras never reproduce them the way we see them. I have a collection of original ATS uniforms and am happy to provide pictures if it will help, but I think you will really need to see some original uniforms in person to judge how close the match is. It also depends if you are recreating an officers uniform or an enlisted womans- officers uniforms are often very slightly greener than the brown enlisted woman's types and the material is of finer quality. As one of the cloths you show is greener than the other, both might be OK but its very hard to judge, they could be a little light.

I know, that it is wery hard to decide. Unfortunetly, in Czech republic are not so many originals to compare :-(
    Next week I can take some pic with this fabric and repro ATS service cap (I have it in Prague).

The only original I knew is in Prague army museum, but it is 1938 pattern and came with girls from east...

I saw some pics from Larissa here, and taking this fabric is wery dificult :-(

I am attaching some pictures in case they are any use. It is worth pointing out that there are a variety of different shades in use on wartime ATS uniforms.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fabric for ATS service dress skirt   Fabric for ATS service dress skirt  

Fabric for ATS service dress skirt   Fabric for ATS service dress skirt  

Thanks a lot!
    This fabric is not simmilar to this serge, asi I want to :-(
    Has more "hairs"... I can take pic with this fabric, repro service cap, repro mens battledres next week, meyby I have to start with that °-)

I'd like to have some common (non officers) uniform, because I thing, that is better, when I'm the only girl in men's group.
    We have some cars and other stuff. So the ATS autorapair (and meyby driver) girl will be the best for me.

So I try to edit the fabric colours - this picture looks "as it has to" on my screen. The colour is very similar to tie which is stamped 1942...

Fabric for ATS service dress skirt