MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Film shooting

Article about: Hi everybody! We were shooting film about German boxing star Max Schmeling. He was paratrooper during WW2, and was on Crete. They dressed us in Gebirgsjaeger, and he was the only Fallschirmj

Default Film shooting

Hi everybody!
    We were shooting film about German boxing star Max Schmeling. He was paratrooper during WW2, and was on Crete.

They dressed us in Gebirgsjaeger, and he was the only Fallschirmjaeger. There's a series if mistakes, failures etc. They weren't very conceivable. But, hey, we've had great time!!

Anyway, everything is happening in field hospital somewhere on Crete. Here are some of the pics.

First day-coming to the location, scene set-up and camouflaging motorcycles, trucks etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Film shooting   Film shooting  

Film shooting   Film shooting  

Default Re: Film shooting

My dad, our friend and me were driving motorcycles. All of them are Zundapp KS 750. One with mounted MG42 is ours, and other two are from another dad's friend.

Day 2-film shooting. Bunch of people came and they were dressed in German uniforms. To me, they looked like partisans who put on enemy uniforms and are on their way to action behind enemy lines.
    Those Kubelwagens are actually VW Beetle. Only one is original, but chasis are made of plastic. Also not good. Trucks are copy of German/Austrian Saurer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Film shooting   Film shooting  

Film shooting  

And my favourite picture. My friend to the left, my dad in the middle and me far right.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Film shooting  

?

As a first mistake, that the some ammo boxes etc in the films has a eagles on it, but really there must be written shortened abbreviature description of the boxes content, and that must be written on the boxe's top
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

You're right, Dimas. This boxes and other stuff are from former yugoslav army. Rifles are also Yugo M48.

But, interesting that ammo pouches, gas mask canisters and better part of bayonets are original. And each and everyone of helmets are original. They even have maker stamps, but without original liners. And, ofcourse, over painted 1000000 times.

Doing film work is always fun! I know things are never perfect when looking through collectors eyes.

What is the film called?

Cheers, Ade.

Grüß Gott Bergkameraden,

Looks like they didn't spend any money for a military/technical adviser, or look at any reference books, for the film. Half of the Germans have their bread bags on backwards...not to mention that if they are suppose to be Gebirgsjägers none of them are wearing mountain boots, mountain rucksacks, or captured British shorts.

Ade,
    name of the film is "Max Schmeling", directed by Uwe Boll. He's not very favourite.

Heeresbergführer,
    I totaly agree with you! Breadbags are the reason I sad that they looked like partisans. Oh, and by the way, superb pictures!

Rick
    ?

Look forward to its release, would love to be involved in something like that. on another note anyone seen War Brothers would like to hear Ade and Dimas's opinion of the film.

Keep the pitures coming Schachberet.

Regards

Rick

Hi Rick, sorry I have not seen this film.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast