Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

GD Impression - old memories from a retired re-enactor !

Article about: Hi Looking through some old photos and found these of the war and peace show. Taken 2004 show. The impression is the GD panzer fusilier regt in Russia summer 1944. Took me down memory lane..

Default GD Impression - old memories from a retired re-enactor !

Hi

Looking through some old photos and found these of the war and peace show. Taken 2004 show.

The impression is the GD panzer fusilier regt in Russia summer 1944.

Took me down memory lane....................

cheers

tony

GD Impression - old memories from a retired re-enactor !GD Impression - old memories from a retired re-enactor !GD Impression - old memories from a retired re-enactor !GD Impression - old memories from a retired re-enactor !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: GD Impression - old memories from a retired re-enactor !

Hi Tony, I remember your display that year, as I was around the corner with 2nd Guards. I see Max in the pics. I have always thought you guys were the best German unit in the UK.

One thing I do recall from that year was they were towing in the T34/85 with a steel cable and the so called "stewards" were not stopping the public wandering past while this was being done, yet one stupid woman steward (while this was being done) came over to us to ask if our fire was real? It still astounds me today.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: GD Impression - old memories from a retired re-enactor !

Hey Ade,

Thanks for the complement ! Got to say the 2nd Guards are also in a league of their own and I always make a journey to see your display and scrounge some food !! Always got the cooking pot going the Russians.

Max is still doing the displays and I think the guys will be at beltring.

People do ask some weird questions once we had someone ask what we ate, and one person looked at the zeltbahn tents and then asked were we slept at night...doh !

Got some shots of us with a panther in France at a show and some of us in america on a stug somewhere.......i'll dig them out.

cheers

Tony