Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Getting into re-enacting...

Article about: Had an interesting weekend...

Had an interesting weekend...

?

Your impression has come together fantastically Joe! You must be well chuffed! Just covering what others have already said here but size matters nothing bud and based on your original post when you said you were a big guy etc I had an image in my head and you look nothing like it you look the dogs danglys! lol Cheers, Sean.

Life is short. Do want you love. Don't listen to other peoples opinions. Enjoy ! btw I would go with the M1

?

chocolate cake and beer is no way to live your life young man.. you need some chicken wings mixed in .

Thanks for the kind words, gentlemen!

I'm currently working in my personality items... The items I stuff into my musette bag. As I am in a unit that fought in Italy, I plan on carrying a Mediterranean theater issue of Stars and Stripes, Italian phrase and guide books, a Roman Catholic bible, and Italian currency and Allied Military Currency. Finally, I'll carry a souvenir bracelet that I picked up for my girl back home!

I'm also putting together a kit of handy personal items... shaving kit, sewing kit, lighter, etc.

Not exactly sure if I'll actually use these items, but it'll certainly be authentic to carry them.

?

Don't forget your prophylactic

Some of my personal effects have arrived!

Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...

88th patch has been sewn onto my M41

I love wearing this jacket in public. Very comfortable and it directly represents my passion in history:

The tanker jacket for my cavalry impression has also arrived. At $199, it's the most expensive single piece of uniform kit that I've purchased yet.

Here is my cavalry impression... I think I'll primarily use my M1 Carbine/ pistol belt with it, but I only had my M23 rig handy for this photo... (also note... Casey likes my beard... so I will only shave immediately before events.)

My first event is over the US Memorial Day weekend! I'm super excited!! I think I'll do my cavalry impression on the first day and infantry impression on the next.

I haven't updated this thread in a while... I thought I'd share the new additions to my impression...

Personal items (Note: I swap out various items like currency and language books for each impression. For example, no need to carry Italian Lire or an Italian phrase book when representing a unit that fought in Germany)

Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast