Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Getting into re-enacting...

Article about: Had an interesting weekend...

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Looks good Joe. Congrats on the 20lbs drop. Keep it up!!!!!
    Just a thought on your set up. Maybe throw a couple of M1 Garand enbloc bandoliers over the other shoulder. Also do you plan on wearing a bayonet?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Noted, Phil! I actually have two fully loaded bandoliers and a bayonet here. I took the photo and had already taken off all my gear before I realized I forgot them.

I'll be using my 03A3 at this event. No need for enblocs, but I will clip a grenade to either my suspenders or a bandolier.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Did he mistake the heat gun for the telephone....???
    Lol! Nah, he just has rosy cheeks.

Here is an updated photo:

Here are some photos from the Battle of the Bulge event this past weekend. It was cold as hell!
    Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...

what a great event joe you guys look swell you totally emmerse yourself into the role great work on your gear too ,the snow camo m1 cover works very well for your environment ,is the knitted beanie repo or period? cheers for showing the updates ,james

?

Great photos Joe

Quote by James C View Post
    what a great event joe you guys look swell you totally emmerse yourself into the role great work on your gear too ,the snow camo m1 cover works very well for your environment ,is the knitted beanie repo or period? cheers for showing the updates ,james
    Thanks for taking an interest, James!

The M1 camo cover I wore and the snow camo poncho were both cut from a scrap table cloth. No official snow camoflague was issued to US troops so they improvised.

My "jeep cap" is a reproduction made by At the Front. Original examples are quite expensive ($50-$100) and are not something I'd want to ruin with daily use!

thanks joe

This past weekend I was invited to an event at Museum Village in Monroe, NY. We set up in their one room schoolhouse as if we had just pushed the Germans out of an occupied village in March 1945 and were hunkering down in the schoolhouse overnight. We had the fireplace going and cooked our own rations over the hot coals and using a WWII era mini stove. While definitely a combat impression, I took it as an opportunity to represent a weary soldier looking to get some rest. I don't think I put on my cartridge belt or helmet at all during this event.

Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...Getting into re-enacting...

cool photos joe can i ask what meat it is your eating with the kidney beans ?looks like the stove did a superb jobthanks for the updates

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast