Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Helmet Band Items

Article about: Whoopee, I'm here again with some more Vietnam stuff. More accurately, a question that has no real single answer. Outside of the classic Bug Repellent, Bore Cleaner, Ace of Spades Card and C

Default Helmet Band Items

Whoopee, I'm here again with some more Vietnam stuff. More accurately, a question that has no real single answer. Outside of the classic Bug Repellent, Bore Cleaner, Ace of Spades Card and C Ration Cigarettes, what would be some commonly seen items in the foliage bands of a USGI's helmet? I know this is highly personalized, but I'd like to see/hear some other common items since I haven't seen too much. A little inspiration, so to say.. Photographs would be appreciated, too!

tooth brush
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-27-2018 at 11:15 PM. Reason: added pic

Not sure if the question is Nam-specific.....and I’ve not got photos....but I’ve seen camo-paint stick, sunglasses, presidential electoral badges/buttons, tooth brush (weapons cleaning), field dressing, crucifix...and others.......oh, and NEVER rounds.

MAP
    ?

and the ubiquitous "Peace" symbol/button.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

here's a good shot for you should have mentioned the trusty 'ol Zippo

Stars & Stripes

beads

Quote by MedicalAmmunitionCrate View Post
    Whoopee, I'm here again with some more Vietnam stuff. More accurately, a question that has no real single answer. Outside of the classic Bug Repellent, Bore Cleaner, Ace of Spades Card and C Ration Cigarettes, what would be some commonly seen items in the foliage bands of a USGI's helmet? I know this is highly personalized, but I'd like to see/hear some other common items since I haven't seen too much. A little inspiration, so to say.. Photographs would be appreciated, too!
    so what did ya get? I was happy to scour through my books and scan these pics for ya hey.

Here's my last scan - a "god knows" Chinese/Russian HG lever?
    If you are into VN crap as I am, I suggest you get your self "Grunt" if you can? none of my scans came from this book I must add.
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-28-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Picked up two M1 Helmet liners, M79 grenade vest and an M1 Helmet cover, shell, and liner all separately. 1974 dated Mitchell Cover was fairly cheap, and I have a 1965 dated Mitchell cover coming through the mail. Will post pictures. I have put some small graffiti in pen on the 1974 cover for reenactment (despite reenactment in general is lacking here in NL). I'll post pictures soon. And thanks for the photographs, I appreciate it enormously

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast