Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Helmet covers

Article about: It looks like he has one of the pocket on top of his helmet I agree on the pic Mark

Default Re: Helmet covers

Who are those chaps in your avatar wearing a "small" part of your wall!!!

fallschirmjager im loving the results of roughing up your cover ,very authentic how did you achieve it ,also id like to share a referance pic of a cover in use ,it may possible be the very same soldier kradspam posted as he too is holding a captured soviet sub-machine gun ,also notice the officers damaged infantry assault badgeHelmet covers

Thanks for your kind words.All i did was rough it up(whilst on a shell)useing a bread knife.The nice toothed blade gave a good uneven wear or cut depending how tough on the cover you were with it.I also used a dinner fork in the odd place or two just to get a plucked effect+ a bit of brown boot polish!!Then of course i had to repair a few areas to make it look like a bit of effort was made in the field to maintain it's condition and then wash the cover three or four times to "fuzz" it up a bit and soften the boot polish stains. P.S. I do like that picture,it's saved!

?

Hello guys,

All cover are ready to ship now. I have shipped to Kradspam and FALLSCHIRMAJAGER already. I will send the reat of you a PM. Please respond asap as i would like to ship all at the ame trip to the post office. The post offices are always quite full here. Not fun at all

Regards, Lars

That's a great pic mate. I've seen it before but never noticed the cover. I think it may be the same guy. I think this series of photos was taken at the Barrikady factory complex in '41. Maybe in the workers housing area or the train depot.

Payment sent! Everyone, let's get Lars our payments ASAP so he can get these out to us!

I have a feeling the original camouflage cover shown in the black and white original picture in Hungarian pattern .
    NOT Russian .

owen

Quote by kammo man View Post
    I have a feeling the original camouflage cover shown in the black and white original picture in Hungarian pattern .
    NOT Russian .

owen
    Do you have any photos of the Hungarian pattern?

Frankly, it seems both types of camouflage would be available to German troops... so we will never really know.

do a search on line ......its an easy pattern to find.
    The shapes are ball like and larger than the russian ..plus they were in that sector during the battle .......so more than likely its Hungarian .

The cover arrived all the way from Moscow! THANKS, LARS!

Helmet coversHelmet coversHelmet coversHelmet coversHelmet coversHelmet covers

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast