Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Helmet covers

Article about: It looks like he has one of the pocket on top of his helmet I agree on the pic Mark

COME ON GUYS!! Show us your results ,Lars and Anna's hard work is worth some viewing!! it's been a while! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet covers   Helmet covers  

Helmet covers   Helmet covers  

I need to get around to aging mine... It's far too crisp.

great photo leon ,i see youve had a shave (sort of ) always great seeing wr members wearing there lids ,youve done a great job on aging this superb cover and of course the hard work lars and anna did on manufacturing them ,i really must place an order for one some day soon

Quote by James C View Post
    great photo leon ,i see youve had a shave (sort of ) always great seeing wr members wearing there lids ,youve done a great job on aging this superb cover and of course the hard work lars and anna did on manufacturing them ,i really must place an order for one some day soon

Nice one James!! You are quite right ,although my 40's party is not until Saturday , once the picture was taken the "tache" and hair had to go!! I Helmet coversdo not think my granddad will be to disappointed seeing me as he is used to(except the uniform!) Leon.

?

Nifty idea and GREAT looking helmet cover work, Lars et al.

Also some good pics of lid covers in various stages of detoriation and aging. VERY interesting.

Look forward to more pics of covers.

As for the below pics mentioned by several, here some info on him:

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Attachment 390859
    This guy is a real Sovietophile, with his smg and helmet cover. Probably wearing red underpants too.
    Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    That is a KILLER image Krad was it taken in Stalingrad.
    I believe so mate, dated along the bottom oct - nov '42. The shit had not quite hit the fan just yet
    Quote by Datrus View Post
    It looks like he has one of the pocket on top of his helmet
    I agree on the pic Mark
    Quote by DougB View Post
    That's a cool pic!
    Quote by Paul E View Post
    Well known Stalingrad photo , there is a whole series of them !!
    Another, same guy. Not much help for reference I'll keep looking.
    The well known series of pics mentioned is supposedly of Hauptmann Dipl.-Ing. Wilhelm Traub, Kommandeur of Pionier-Bataillon 305/305.Infanterie-Division. Traub is taking cover amongst the rubble of the "Barrikady" factory, Stalingrad, before Operation Hubertus (9-12 November 1942). Wilhelm Traub (Dipl. Ing.) was born on the 14th November 1895 in Helmstedt. He was the Bataillonsführer of Pi.Btl.305 which he took command of on the 16th October 1942. He started the war with Pi.Btl.22 were he would climb through the ranks to Hauptmann. Traub did not make it home. Missing in action 5th January 1943 and posthumously promoted to Major in 1944.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet covers  

superb background information on this soldier scout ,ive seen lots of ref pictures of him and often wondered who he was

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14