Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Helmet covers

Article about: It looks like he has one of the pocket on top of his helmet I agree on the pic Mark

?

Default Helmet covers

Hello Gents,

I have come across some original WW2 Soviet "Amoeba" pattern camouflage fabric. Not a lot. I found this fabric because a forum want to make a helmet cover from this fabric for a German helmet. Officers in Stalingrad and maybe other places had helmet covers made from Soviet Amoeba camo fabric.

My question is this. I can have a limited number of helmet covers made out of this fabric modeled from a German helmet cover. Would anybody be interested in such covers? The price will be 25 Euro + shipping.

The Amoeba pattern was the Soviets first camo pattern, first issued in 1937-38 and looks like this.

Helmet covers

Regards, Lars

?

Default Re: Helmet covers

Here is a test sample of the covers, just to give an impression. I will make better looking ones(My wife will) She's a pro. There will be more "Amoeba" on the covers. This a left over piece of fabric.

The helmet size here is 62 or 64. Can't tell for sure. It's a relic helmet.

Regards, Lars

Helmet covers

Helmet covers

Helmet covers

Helmet covers

Helmet covers

?

Looks good Lars Anna knows her trade well how are you planning to hold the cover on the helmet does the cloth slip in between the liner band and the shell ?

Regards Mark K

?

Hello my friend

I plan to fix it to the helmet like this. With a draw string. Maybe make a outside helmet band. At the moment i am trying to get into the "mindset" of how i would do it in the field. Maybe she will hand stitch them and add some small straps for foliage. What do you think?

Regards, Lars

great stuff man, I was wondering how to fix it on myself, I'm not sure the best way. How do you think that officer had it attached on the pic I sent a while ago? I was thinking with the help of wire somehow..... We shall see.]

Helmet covers

This guy is a real Sovietophile, with his smg and helmet cover. Probably wearing red underpants too.

?

I am also thinking Wire and/or helmet band.

?

The small cross staps placed in different locations on the cover would work well I think Lars . A different line of thought If I were a soldat in the field and had just liberated this piece of cloth from a tunic possibly I would cut slots in the cloth for foliage and or take strips of the left over material and apply them to the cover through the cut slots ( helmet skrim ).

Regards Mark K

?

That sound plausible Mark. Thanks for the idea and inspiration

Regards, Lars

?

That is a KILLER image Krad was it taken in Stalingrad.

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    That is a KILLER image Krad was it taken in Stalingrad.

Regards Mark K
    I believe so mate, dated along the bottom oct - nov '42. The shit had not quite hit the fan just yet

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast